5 people working with World Central Kitchen non-profit killed in Gaza, José Andrés says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"At least five people working with the World Central Kitchen (WCK) have been killed in Gaza, WCK founder José Andrés told CNN on Monday, without giving specific details.

"We are aware of reports that members of the World Central Kitchen team have been killed in an IDF attack while working to support our humanitarian food delivery efforts in Gaza. This is a tragedy. Humanitarian aid workers and civilians should NEVER be a target. EVER. We will share more information when we have gathered all the facts,” WCK said in a separate statement.
Videos obtained by CNN show the bodies of multiple people wearing apparent WCK vests after an airstrike hit Deir Al-Balah in central Gaza.

The Israel Defense Forces said it is "conducting a thorough review at the highest levels to understand the circumstances of this tragic incident."

Among the deceased were found a British passport, a Polish passport, and an Australian passport.

CNN has reached out to the various foreign ministries – but has not yet received a response."

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-new ... ce=twitter
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Israel will make allegations that it was "terrorists". It's out of control. I watch and read every day.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:21 pm Israel will make allegations that it was "terrorists". It's out of control. I watch and read every day.
Honestly, if IDF killed the WCK workers, I believe it was unintentional but rather they inadvertently entered a "kill zone". Of course, that would also be a war crime.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 ... 6da9ee0000

I think this is going to be pivotal. WCK is a beloved world wide relief organization and those killed were citizens of western countries. It's going to have a much more serious affect than the bombing and killing of UNSWR facilities and personnel. I know that that distinction shouldn't matter but I think it will. Of course, I could be wrong!

Regardless, this is an intentional tragedy piled onto a whole heap of intentional tragedies.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It wasn't unintentional. How fucked up an operation they are running on our tax dollars.
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:13 am
It wasn't unintentional. How fucked up an operation they are running on our tax dollars.
It was intentional but the intended target wasn't present <sigh>.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I definitely don't know enough about the history or present situation to really comment on this, but watching and reading about the tragedies that are coming out of this, to me it feels like Israel does not have a plan, either for the current strike or for afterwards. They are just burning it all down and dealing with it afterwards. I mean, is a drone strike on a convoy really the appropriate response to ONE alleged Hamas member?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:16 am
Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:13 am
It was intentional but the intended target wasn't present <sigh>.
Do you notice how much they use the word "terrorist"? Hamas is no longer "militants"?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:39 am I definitely don't know enough about the history or present situation to really comment on this, but watching and reading about the tragedies that are coming out of this, to me it feels like Israel does not have a plan, either for the current strike or for afterwards. They are just burning it all down and dealing with it afterwards. I mean, is a drone strike on a convoy really the appropriate response to ONE alleged Hamas member?
They are just burning it down. Their intentions with Rafah will be catastrophic.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We need to keep all foreign aid workers out of active kill zones in active war.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic