5 people working with World Central Kitchen non-profit killed in Gaza, José Andrés says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:55 am We need to keep all foreign aid workers out of active kill zones in active war.
Wouldn't it be nice if there were a local aid organization that could facilitate the distribution of humanitarian aid to Gaza as required by International Law? Israel is required to facilitate humanitarian aid to Gaza or be breaking IL. If Israel breaks IL, US can't supply Israel with military aid (according to IL and US law). So there's the conundrum.

The easiest solution would be to not use starvation as a weapon of war but here we are.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:55 am We need to keep all foreign aid workers out of active kill zones in active war.
According to the article they were on a route approved by the Israeli army.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And aid, what about it? Should it be kept out and these people allowed to slowly die of disease and malnutrition?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:30 pm
And aid, what about it? Should it be kept out and these people allowed to slowly die of disease and malnutrition?
We should be working to get any women, children and non militant men out.

Pull up on the coast, ignore Israel’s blockade order against it, load all the elderly, women and children up, and get them somewhere else.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:48 pm

Pull up on the coast, ignore Israel’s blockade order against it, load all the elderly, women and children up, and get them somewhere else.
Where will you take over a million people? Do you think they want to keep their homeland or should they, like the American tribes, be rounded up and denied their sovereignty?
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:06 pm

Where will you take over a million people? Do you think they want to keep their homeland or should they, like the American tribes, be rounded up and denied their sovereignty?
Divvy the numbers up to countries all over the world, I’m sure they do want to keep their homeland, but the war is lost.
Life can continue elsewhere- a peaceful life elsewhere…
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I know people here hate “rabbit holes”

But they’ve just sacrificed the red heifer in Israel.
They are now fulfilling a prophecy, they’re going to rebuild Solomon’s temple, and they’re going to build it where Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock shrine now stands.
They’re going to tear them down.
This is a seven year plan they have just begun.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:19 pm I know people here hate “rabbit holes”

But they’ve just sacrificed the red heifer in Israel.
They are now fulfilling a prophecy, they’re going to rebuild Solomon’s temple, and they’re going to build it where Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock shrine now stands.
They’re going to tear them down.
This is a seven year plan they have just begun.
I can't wait!
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:11 pm

Divvy the numbers up to countries all over the world, I’m sure they do want to keep their homeland, but the war is lost.
You mean dump them out of the land you believe to belong to the Jews.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:43 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:11 pm

You mean dump them out of the land you believe to belong to the Jews.
I don’t really buy into any of the “god given” land stuff…

But I think there are two countries who won’t ever have peace, two countries that have been fighting for decades, one country that committed an atrocity which angered the other country to the point of wanting decimation… and I think one country is bigger, stronger, and has more support.

Like all wars, they have to end sometime. And if neither side will accept peace without the other’s destruction, there’s nothing left to do but get the innocent women and children out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic