5 people working with World Central Kitchen non-profit killed in Gaza, José Andrés says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:55 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:23 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:15 pm

"According to the report, an Israeli drone fired three missiles, one after the other, at the convoy of three armoured cars – all of which were clearly marked on the roof and sides with the WCK’s logo – because of a suspicion that an armed militant was travelling with them.

Despite the fact that the suspect did not leave the warehouse with the rest of the group, the cars were hit as they travelled back along a route pre-approved and coordinated with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF)."

I can't wait for this "transparent report" Hagari is going to send to Biden. We'll see just how demented our government is.
Frankly this brings all of IDFs claims into question (as if they weren't in question before). It is impossible to say that this was unintentional - one drone strike, maybe but doubtful, but three!? Butts are squirming in multiple political offices while people are dying.

I am so sick and tired of listening to "ooh, you shouldn't do this or that makes us concerned." The operation is damaged, F***ing shut it down.
The IDF has been questionable to me for quite a long time. I've been following the Israel Palestine situation since I was practically a child - my best friend as a little girl was a refugee from Palestine in the late sixties. I can vividly recall conversations between the adults when I was about five (note for parents: children hear everything).

I'm really interested to see how the US reacts. I hope he has the balls to at least shut down the arms and aid to Israel.
One thing I've really struggled with in this war is my visceral reaction to the killing. Sure, I've been horrified by it all including the massacre of Israeli's on October 7th. But it seems that my and the world's reaction is more horrified when westerners are killed, i.e. WCK relief workers, then when the 200+ Palestinian relief workers have been killed. I'm just feeling a deep sense of grief AND shame right now and need to add that I'm sorry.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:48 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:30 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:55 am We need to keep all foreign aid workers out of active kill zones in active war.
And aid, what about it? Should it be kept out and these people allowed to slowly die of disease and malnutrition?
We should be working to get any women, children and non militant men out.

Pull up on the coast, ignore Israel’s blockade order against it, load all the elderly, women and children up, and get them somewhere else.
So you think we should go to war with Israel? Ignoring a blockade would be consider a declaration of war.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:43 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:12 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:55 pm

I wonder what this means for the joint humanitarian sea corridor and if all the operations will be halted. This was kinda that last ditch effort to get aid to Gaza so what now?

IMO, the only thing that can be done is an immediate cease fire followed by a flood of the aid waiting at border and in Cyprus. Reinstate UNSWR as responsible for distribution. Send in multi-national medical teams and erect shelters and medical facilities. Respond to Gaza as if hit by a natural disaster, i.e. similar response to earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. Once stabilized, sort out the “good guys” from the “bad guys” and come up with a long term plan.
I don’t think Israel or Palestine would agree to a cease fire. Maybe one, but not both…
There are no good guys and bad guys here, the people running both countries are severely evil. We need to do what we can to protect the innocent people caught up in this while making calculated moves on who to piss off and when…

I don’t think Israel would have the ability to attack nato forces on an extraction mission over the water, but that’s the only way I can see to help anyone…
I was including Israel’s leadership as part of the sort out, lol.

Logistically, moving million(s) of people, many of whom are sick, injured, disabled, or children, 10s of miles through a war zone with areas that are considered by IDF to be “kill zones” and the transportation infrastructure is destroyed to the port in Gaza and then transport those people to floating docks 2 miles out so they can board cargo ships (it would require 300 cargo ships) which are presumably equipped to supply food and medical assistance is basically impossible. Trying to do this with no foreign aid workers or military force on the ground would be impossible. The US planned floating dock for humanitarian cargo will take at least another month until completion - if they don’t scrap it and that is designed for non-human cargo. Logistically, trying to accomplish a sea evacuation would require months of planning and an “army” of aid workers. These are months that the people of Gaza don’t have.

Which is why I said treat it like a natural disaster where humanitarian aid is delivered to the location rather than the people extracted from the location and delivered to the aid.

As far as the ceasefire, even if both countries agree to it, one or the other is gonna break it. The question to me is what should be the consequence of breaking it? Should that consequence be the killing of innocent civilians?
I would agree that this would be the best option if both countries would agree, but I don’t think they would.

Israel isn’t going to agree to a cease fire. They’re specifically attempting to kill off all humans left in the Gaza area.

To save lives, we’re going to have to REALLY piss them off, but we need to do it in a way that they don’t think they’re able to retaliate, which would pretty much only be extraction by sea. We would only be able to take the children, most women, and some elderly men…
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

This is horrifying and will only add fuel in a world that is divided on what's happened and continues to occur.

This was wrong. This should never have happened.

"World Central Kitchen aid workers killed in Gaza strike, José Andrés' NGO says" https://www.axios.com/2024/04/02/gaza-a ... al-kitchen
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:28 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:48 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:30 pm

And aid, what about it? Should it be kept out and these people allowed to slowly die of disease and malnutrition?
We should be working to get any women, children and non militant men out.

Pull up on the coast, ignore Israel’s blockade order against it, load all the elderly, women and children up, and get them somewhere else.
So you think we should go to war with Israel? Ignoring a blockade would be consider a declaration of war.
If the blockade were deemed a war crime by UN, would ignoring the blockade be considered an act of war? Just curious about the legalities especially in light of the 2010 Turkish breach of the blockade and the resulting world wide condemnation. Not saying it's a good idea by any means!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Mr Netanyahu confirmed on Tuesday that "innocent people" were hit in what he called an "unintentional" strike.

"It happens in war, we check it to the end, we are in contact with the governments, and we will do everything so that this thing does not happen again," he said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68716066

Lying snake.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:39 pm This is horrifying and will only add fuel in a world that is divided on what's happened and continues to occur.

This was wrong. This should never have happened.

"World Central Kitchen aid workers killed in Gaza strike, José Andrés' NGO says" https://www.axios.com/2024/04/02/gaza-a ... al-kitchen
I'm telling you this was unintentional on purpose. Israel is willing to stoop as low as necessary to "win". How many aid organizations would you work for after something like this?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic