Mega-pastor marital advice

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:14 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:18 am In general, some people prefer more traditional roles in their marriage and that is their right.
I agree and in my marriage that was a choice I made. I do find it cringy though when traditional role is described as a subservient and submissive and when women are not given a choice (at least not Biblically) if that makes sense. IMO, women from birth should not be told that their purpose is to be a helper to their future husband and to be submissive to him. If they choose to be in a traditional marriage, super but I think that being the expectation makes girls and women vulnerable to abuse and we've certainly seen evidence of this abuse within the more fundamental denominations.
Submissive doesn’t bother me…..but subservient is some bullshit.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:11 am
Della wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:46 am My ex husband was raised Southern Baptist. He use to quote the Bible to me, "wives be submissive to your husbands". He ALWAYS left out the rest.
Yeah, that’s a common refrain. One of my good friends’ husband used that as justification for him cheating on her. There’s tons of Christian marriage and S*x advice books that promote this idea. It’s terrible, and many are dealing with the ramifications and harm from decades of terrible “biblical” teachings. I’m sorry you had to deal with it as well.
He used it to cheat and do other things 😔. I found out later that he had done the same to his first two wives. It's a terrible interpretation of Scripture. Thank you.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:21 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:18 am In general, some people prefer more traditional roles in their marriage and that is their right.
I agree and in my marriage that was a choice I made. I do find it cringy though when traditional role is described as a subservient and submissive and when women are not given a choice (at least not Biblically) if that makes sense. IMO, women from birth should not be told that their purpose is to be a helper to their future husband and to be submissive to him. If they choose to be in a traditional marriage, super but I think that being the expectation makes girls and women vulnerable to abuse and we've certainly seen evidence of this abuse within the more fundamental denominations.
I don't think the purpose of articles like this is to change individual's minds but rather to inform that when Christian Nationalists claim that they want the US to be a Christian nation and laws reflect that and when some members of congress call for the collapse of separation of church and state, they are speaking about a fundamentalist Christian nation. What will the role of women be?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:30 am

I don't think the purpose of articles like this is to change individual's minds but rather to inform that when Christian Nationalists claim that they want the US to be a Christian nation and laws reflect that and when some members of congress call for the collapse of separation of church and state, they are speaking about a fundamentalist Christian nation. What will the role of women be?
https://x.com/examiningmoscow/status/15 ... JJp08VIsbg
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:50 am

Ugh. We are already seeing conservative states chipping away at women's rights and Project 2024 certainly does that in spades. "Project 2024" policy agenda is to entrench the white Christian patriarchy so why shouldn't we believe them?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:05 am

Ugh. We are already seeing conservative states chipping away at women's rights and Project 2024 certainly does that in spades. "Project 2024" policy agenda is to entrench the white Christian patriarchy so why shouldn't we believe them?
Yep. I feel like more people should be concerned. I get that people don’t want to criticize how one religion practices their religion or whatever, but these beliefs or the men who believe these highly patriarchal things are behind so much of what is driving our politics and culture wars at the moment. I’d also like to point out for those who aren’t familiar with the dynamics of this space that Shelia Gregoire, Dr. Jay Strinnger, Rick Pidcock, and April Ajoy (people either quoted or wrote an article in OP or the one I posted) are Christians. This isn’t people on the outside criticizing those on the inside. The criticism is coming from the inside…people who are part of or have been apart of the white evangelical bubble. These are people who have witnessed harm by these teachings or at least help those who have been harmed.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ick.

I checked his Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Case_ ... ationalism

I really worry that these numbskulls will convince Trump to carry out their plans. That's not an America I want to see.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:33 am
Yep. I feel like more people should be concerned. I get that people don’t want to criticize how one religion practices their religion or whatever, but these beliefs or the men who believe these highly patriarchal things are behind so much of what is driving our politics and culture wars at the moment. I’d also like to point out for those who aren’t familiar with the dynamics of this space that Shelia Gregoire, Dr. Jay Strinnger, Rick Pidcock, and April Ajoy (people either quoted or wrote an article in OP or the one I posted) are Christians. This isn’t people on the outside criticizing those on the inside. The criticism is coming from the inside…people who are part of or have been apart of the white evangelical bubble. These are people who have witnessed harm by these teachings or at least help those who have been harmed.
https://x.com/sheilagregoire/status/177 ... JJp08VIsbg
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:33 am
I think when a country with a large patriarchy religious voting block, blurs the separation of church and state, gives corporations and businesses religious rights, and gives businesses the ability to discriminate based on religious freedom, one is automatically going to see the rights of women get whittled away. The alarm has sounded and we're already seeing it and it frustrates me that so many women are totally okay with that. I think often that women may agree in principal and in practice as long as it doesn't affect them. I mean, denying a same S*x couple a wedding cake "seems" appropriate based on religious freedom but that logically translates to denying a woman credit or home loan or promotion into position of leadership, denying adoption to single women or families of other faiths, denying housing to single mothers, etc. based on that same religious freedom. If our government itself becomes a religious institution, this discrimination against women will be federal.

Read an article recently that young adult men are becoming more politically conservative while young adult women are becoming more liberal. This is happening worldwide, not just in the US. This too should concern all women.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Submissive doesn’t bother me but subservient sounds horrible. 😂😂😂😂😂

I got stuck on the “obey” part when I got married. 😂😂😂😂
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic