What’s something that is completely true about you, but people would think you’re trolling if you said it?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

OMG! So scary!!!
KendallsMom wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:33 am I gave birth to my first child who was estimated to be about 26 weeks gestation, alone in an emergency room triage, having no idea I was pregnant.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My parents were teen parents and had addiction issues until I was in my 20s. Some of the stories I could tell about growing up could definitely be seen as unbelievable and troll worthy.

Also knowing that my parents went from addicts to local business owners who were very well respected community and church members could make for some interesting troll posts as well.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:33 am I gave birth to my first child who was estimated to be about 26 weeks gestation, alone in an emergency room triage, having no idea I was pregnant.
I’m sorry you experienced that. That must have been horrible, alone, not knowing.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

My right arm doesn’t have a natural swing. It’s usable but it just doesn’t swing.

I was called a troll for telling the story of a neighbor chasing me around his house when I was in 4th or 5th grade. It was the 80s. I went over there for whatever random reason. He chased me and I ran around until I was able to get out the back door.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was involved in a large group personal development training in the 1990s that is today considered a cult.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:18 pm My DH is a registered Republican.
I am too. I did it because I wanted someone other than Trump to run against Biden. Biden is okay but I still hoped for a worthy opponent, politics be damned. Everyone dropped out but I'm still going to vote in Florida's primary. I'll just write in someone's name. Either Liz Cheney or Randy Rainbow depending on how I feel that day. It's probably useless but I'll have my tiny moment of rebellion. :D
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:31 pm I was involved in a large group personal development training in the 1990s that is today considered a cult.
What happened that made people see it as a cult?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:31 pm I was involved in a large group personal development training in the 1990s that is today considered a cult.
So was Ginni Thomas.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Erhard?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:08 am
What happened that made people see it as a cult?
They started to come under scrutiny when there were a few deaths and hospitalizations following the training. They used high-pressure psychological manipulation to get compliance and to enlist people as recruiters. They are considered a cult because it's claimed they used coercive methods to keep people from leaving.

I did not have any trouble with them and I'm actually really glad I participated. But looking back, I can see it would not be for everyone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic