Nebraska governor approves regulations to allow gender-affirming care for minors

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Regulations tied to a Nebraska law passed last year restricting gender-affirming care for minors were approved Tuesday by Gov. Jim Pillen, and they largely mirror temporary regulations adopted last October — including a seven-day waiting period to start puberty-blocking medications or hormone treatments.

Other regulations require transgender patients under the age of 19 — the age of majority in Nebraska — to meet several therapy benchmarks. They include undergoing at least 40 hours of therapy that could push back on a person’s gender identity before they can receive any medical treatments meant to affirm their gender identities. Minor patients must also receive at least one hour of therapy every 90 days while on gender-affirming medication to evaluate the patient’s mental health.

Health care providers also are required to obtain three hours of continuing education before they can prescribe puberty blockers or hormones."

https://apnews.com/article/gender-affir ... e27a089cd3
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don’t see anything wrong with that.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We'll see if the Rep AGs go after this state, too.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They include undergoing at least 40 hours of therapy that could push back on a person’s gender identity before they can receive any medical treatments meant to affirm their gender identities.
That's awful.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:36 pm
They include undergoing at least 40 hours of therapy that could push back on a person’s gender identity before they can receive any medical treatments meant to affirm their gender identities.
That's awful.
You have to do more hours of practice driving with a parent to get a driver’s license…

40 hours of therapy is less than an hour a week for a year…

I’ll even go farther than the transgender issue…
Kids should have to have that many hours of therapy before they get add/adhd meds too…
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:00 pm
That's awful.
You have to do more hours of practice driving with a parent to get a driver’s license…

Kids should have to have that many hours of therapy before they get add/adhd meds too…
That's ridiculous.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's awful.

Should they also have a 40 hour program that could push back on teen pregnancy?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:55 pm

That's awful.

That's ridiculous.
It is, and costly. But I think that's the point.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's awful.

Maybe parents can give therapy to offset the cost? Shit, they can even combine drivers ed with a therapy session! I mean, they're comparable, right?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:56 pm

That's awful.

Maybe parents can give therapy to offset the cost? Shit, they can even combine drivers ed with a therapy session! I mean, they're comparable, right?
The time cost is comparable…

Changing genders SHOULD be looked at as a big deal … just like driving SHOULD be looked at as a big deal…

Its not something that should be treated as unimportant to talk through… therapy IS needed before, during and after of someone does want to go through that change.

Therapy shouldn’t been seen as a bad thing by anyone… even if the person only wants adhd meds. If it’s something important enough to need medication, it’s important enough to warrant a therapist to talk through changes and medication effects with.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic