Did you make your teen get a job?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

No I haven't. My teens are very involved in extracurriculars and my oldest is dual enrolled. They both help out a lot. My oldest does yard work for people and my youngest babysits.
I'm not in a hurry to push them to become adults.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DD is 17 and hasn't had a job yet. She's too busy with school.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My 17 year old has a summer job, he’s actually the only kid to work before 18 and that’s because I could get him on where I worked.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I didn't make them and I didn't stop them.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My kid have to pay for their own gas and half of the car insurance. If they want a car, then they need to figure out how to get the money. My oldest, got a job at 14. He worked in the summers and school breaks. My dd babysits and makes good money doing it. I don't make them get jobs, but I refuse to help them with gas money.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He wants to when he is old enough but I don't see it going well for him at all. I'll let him in hopes that he learns but I can see him getting fired immediately. He thinks he does no wrong and refuses to take direction when being told how to redo something he did wrong in the first place. Hopefully a paying job can fix that attitude but I'm not hopeful.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:08 pm He wants to when he is old enough but I don't see it going well for him at all. I'll let him in hopes that he learns but I can see him getting fired immediately. He thinks he does no wrong and refuses to take direction when being told how to redo something he did wrong in the first place. Hopefully a paying job can fix that attitude but I'm not hopeful.
How's he doing by the way with the girl/school situation?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:57 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:08 pm He wants to when he is old enough but I don't see it going well for him at all. I'll let him in hopes that he learns but I can see him getting fired immediately. He thinks he does no wrong and refuses to take direction when being told how to redo something he did wrong in the first place. Hopefully a paying job can fix that attitude but I'm not hopeful.
Same old same old. I'm enrolling him in public school next year. He's not going to stop unless he's seperated from her. And I do think she manipulates him but at the end of the day he's responsible for his own actions. He has some nutso idea that even when he has zero contact with her she'll wait for him till after high school.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:29 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:57 pm
Same old same old. I'm enrolling him in public school next year. He's not going to stop unless he's seperated from her. And I do think she manipulates him but at the end of the day he's responsible for his own actions. He has some nutso idea that even when he has zero contact with her she'll wait for him till after high school.
Damn. Well I hope it goes ok for the rest of this year. Better next year hopefully. You just have to hang in there when you have a wild one. My first son (now 26) was an angel at school but so so difficult at home. So many tears I shed. Drives you mad.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:38 pm No I haven't. My teens are very involved in extracurriculars and my oldest is dual enrolled. They both help out a lot. My oldest does yard work for people and my youngest babysits.
I'm not in a hurry to push them to become adults.
This is similar where I am leaning as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic