Smash and Grabs

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's the ringleaders we should be targeting:

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bet they go to church every Sunday too
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Gotta catch the small guys to catch the big boys. Most of the small guys will sell the big boys out to get a deal.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:46 pm Gotta catch the small guys to catch the big boys. Most of the small guys will sell the big boys out to get a deal.
I think a lot of the time, those who are doing the stealing, especially in mass stealing, aren't aware of the "big boys". I agree with the article I posted, tracking online sales is the way to investigate and shut down. If not easily able to sell online, there's no real incentive. I mean, you could sell 8 million in cosmetics (or purses) out of the back of your vehicle but who wants to do that?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:52 pm
highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:46 pm Gotta catch the small guys to catch the big boys. Most of the small guys will sell the big boys out to get a deal.
I think a lot of the time, those who are doing the stealing, especially in mass stealing, aren't aware of the "big boys". I agree with the article I posted, tracking online sales is the way to investigate and shut down. If not easily able to sell online, there's no real incentive. I mean, you could sell 8 million in cosmetics (or purses) out of the back of your vehicle but who wants to do that?
It’s they know someone, who knows someone, who knows the big boys. But the little guys have to go down first
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thank you!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:49 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:52 pm
It’s they know someone, who knows someone, who knows the big boys. But the little guys have to go down first
Maybe but of course you run the risk of 10 small guys saying they were hired by "Bob". I think going for the little guys works when it's local but much more difficult when it's a nationwide crime ring as in the OP. This crime ring wasn't brought down because little guys told but rather because of online sales. IMO, this is going to be how to get these rings (and that's why there is legislation in Congress to do so) rather than rounding up a whole bunch of people who were hired by "Bob".

RICO caused the fall of The Mob and I think internet selling laws will bring the fall of these smash and grab robbery rings.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic