I dont see a way out of this . I feel a panic attack coming.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:25 am
Kookookrazy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:31 pm I vastly underestimated the hotel costs .Holy crap.The rooms during spring break week are $400+ a night for the hotels near the parks. Im looking at candycane inn for dd it says 5 minute walk ,breakfast served which is null and void ...Dd sleeps in late everyday she's not waking up for breakfast. She knows how to get her disability pass for the lines.

This is going to cost me so much money but this is my fault I should have got her i.d months ago.
She's 19. SHE should have dealt with her ID months ago. I'm surprised they would even allow you to deal with it in person since she's an adult. They won't let you do that here unless you have guardianship paperwork.
Agreed. I have an autistic teenager and when we went to get his state ID I directed him to the website to see what he needed then told him where those papers were kept. I went with him because he's a minor but had him fill out the forms. I handed over my ID and signed as required but he did almost all of the work. And this is how he's self sufficient and having zero issues being independent in his college courses (dual enrollment he's still a minor). He's homeschooled but we've worked hard to teach him skills for independence. We are hoping to buy a house soon and my teens will be involved in every aspect of it so they understand the process.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:53 am
Kookookrazy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:31 pm I vastly underestimated the hotel costs .Holy crap.The rooms during spring break week are $400+ a night for the hotels near the parks. Im looking at candycane inn for dd it says 5 minute walk ,breakfast served which is null and void ...Dd sleeps in late everyday she's not waking up for breakfast. She knows how to get her disability pass for the lines.

This is going to cost me so much money but this is my fault I should have got her i.d months ago.
She's 19. SHE should have dealt with her ID months ago. I'm surprised they would even allow you to deal with it in person since she's an adult. They won't let you do that here unless you have guardianship paperwork.
Agreed. I have an autistic teenager and when we went to get his state ID I directed him to the website to see what he needed then told him where those papers were kept. I went with him because he's a minor but had him fill out the forms. I handed over my ID and signed as required but he did almost all of the work. And this is how he's self sufficient and having zero issues being independent in his college courses (dual enrollment he's still a minor). He's homeschooled but we've worked hard to teach him skills for independence. We are hoping to buy a house soon and my teens will be involved in every aspect of it so they understand the process.
I admit I filled out all the paperwork at the DMV I didnt let her do anything I just naturally just did everything she just took the photo.I need to step back and give her independence .Ive been babying her even ds16 notices and tells me to stop almost everyday.

I still pack her lunch for college every morning ,make her breakfast etc. I told her when she transfers to UNLV I want her to live on campus without me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:02 pm

I admit I filled out all the paperwork at the DMV I didnt let her do anything I just naturally just did everything she just took the photo.I need to step back and give her independence .Ive been babying her even ds16 notices and tells me to stop almost everyday.

I still pack her lunch for college every morning ,make her breakfast etc. I told her when she transfers to UNLV I want her to live on campus without me.
She's nowhere near ready to live without you you've made sure of that. And it's time to fix it. She needs to make her own breakfast and lunch. My kids each have a night they make dinner for the family. That started at 10 years old. She needs to know how to wash dishes, fill out her own paperwork, do her laundry, etc before she moves. I'd look up a list of life skills and get to work. And she wouldn't be going to Disney alone without basic skills.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:12 pm I truly don't believe you can be this clueless. You have no money. I think you just think of ridiculous things to post to see how much of a ruckus it will cause.
Has to be something. I cannot believe she is for real.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh Kookoo - you really are a glutton for punishment, huh?

Future panic attack or not - posting in here is certainly not going to make you feel better.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Does Nevada not give you the ID right there in the DMV? They do in Florida. Also a lot of cheap hotels in Orlando have transportation to Disney. Idk but I'd think California is the same. One does pay resort fees for this but it's not 400 a night either. Idk about California but I wouldn't uber around Orlando it will cost an arm and a leg. Personally I'd ask Carnival if you can rebook it or go to the Embassy. You can't be the only person with this problem.

And yes I think you're doing too much for your daughter.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Be careful where you book her hotel. Disneyland is not in a very good area. Is she going to be alone?
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nvl0707 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 am

Be careful where you book her hotel. Disneyland is not in a very good area. Is she going to be alone?
I was going to book candycane inn its 5 minutes away from the DL entrance .It was also $400 a night.All the motels around DL are $400+ because it is spring break week over here.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Crisis is OVER! Im actually at the Passport office in LA right now.I left Vegas at 2:00 a.m got here with dd at 6:25 . Were just waiting for the Passport to be issued they dont hand them out until after 1:30 ....got 2 hours and 15 minutes left.

I told dd we would go to Citywalk but it didnt open until 11:00 a.m so I said okay we will go afterwards and I made reservations at a place called Toothsome's Chocolate Emporium dd is all excited to go but I really dont want to go anymore not to mention parking is $30. I dont really want to spend the money I just wanna drive home and go to sleep I slept 2 hours last night and im exhausted. I already spent $45 on breakfast at a place called Egg Tuck plus I paid for the passport which was $225. Gas is another $110.

This new car gets great gas mileage btw I am so impressed ! I drove all the way here without stopping and still have 130 miles left in the tank!
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:58 pm
Kookookrazy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:02 pm

She's nowhere near ready to live without you you've made sure of that. And it's time to fix it. She needs to make her own breakfast and lunch. My kids each have a night they make dinner for the family. That started at 10 years old. She needs to know how to wash dishes, fill out her own paperwork, do her laundry, etc before she moves. I'd look up a list of life skills and get to work. And she wouldn't be going to Disney alone without basic skills.
I'm trying to fix it now.I told her I have to let her be more independent and I also told her she will be living on campus when she transfers. Im going to give her more responsibility and try to back off more. I know I'm overbearing .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic