Could you ever date a man that had once dated your daughter?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This story about Tish Cyrus marrying a man who she “stole” from her daughter is so bizarre and disgusting.

How could a mother do that to her child?
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Hmm, I seem to remember this senerio on Guiding Light, only the daughter stole her mothers fiancé.

At any rate, no. I have far too much self respect to do so.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope…so many icky things about that.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Variations on this theme have been the plot of numerous movies...
Somethings Gotta Give
Rumor Has It
The Graduate
Heartbreakers
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

f**k no. I wouldn't even date a dude that broke up with my sister, or my friend. If someone has ever dated someone I know/knew well or someone I consider family then that's a giant F***ing red flag and I'm not dating them. Point blank. Just EW.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Nope. I have too much respect for myself as I do for my child.
just an old coot 😉🌵
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

No. And it is disgusting. Never mind the fact of it being so disrespectful to my daughter I would never give a man the satisfaction of "having" a mother and her daughter. Just no.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I had to look up who this person was.

No, I would never date a man who had previously been in a relationship with my daughter. If my 24 year old daughter was in a “friends with benefits” relationship with a 54 year old man, I’d be contemplating ways for him to die, not date.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 2

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:33 pm I had to look up who this person was.

No, I would never date a man who had previously been in a relationship with my daughter. If my 24 year old daughter was in a “friends with benefits” relationship with a 54 year old man, I’d be contemplating ways for him to die, not date.
This exactly
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:19 am f**k no. I wouldn't even date a dude that broke up with my sister, or my friend. If someone has ever dated someone I know/knew well or someone I consider family then that's a giant F***ing red flag and I'm not dating them. Point blank. Just EW.
I can't see dating daughter's ex, but, a friend's? If they are okay with it? I have dated some guys who also dated some friends and vice versa and it wasn't EW. Men don't come sealed for my protection; I've dated men who dated other women before me, who cares if it was a friend? I mean, how is it gross?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic