Posted by one of my friends… true or false?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The original purpose of SROs was to improve the relationship between students and police and to act as teachers and counselors. I really like our SRO because he does that. If SROs aren't providing the above to their schools, then they should be relieved and other options pursued.

Just to note, I said SRO rather than SROs purposefully. Our county has one for our 4 elementary schools and 1 high school. He's awesome and there is no need to have more, at least in our county.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Perhaps police stations should be combined into schools.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:56 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:19 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:23 pm

What about when a school shooter shows up?
Have they stopped them yet? The thing is, social workers nurses, and psychologists are better at recognizing troubled kids and intervening BEFORE they become school shooters, with the added bonus of not criminalizing black and brown kids.

Maybe the parents should recognize this first!
Yeah well a lot of parents operate under none so blind. For example those idiots that just got charged for giving their kid a gun knowing full well he had mental problems. I think it was the parents of the Ulvalde shooter. And speaking of Ulvalde the police were real helpful that day. I'm not saying eliminating police officers is smart, Idk. But it can't hurt to have a better support system for the kids.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic