the end of democracy

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MAGA influencer Jack Posobiec at the Conservative Political Action Conference:

“Welcome to the end of democracy. We're here to overthrow it completely. We didn't get all the way there on January 6th, but we will endeavor to get rid of it and replace it with this right here…Because all glory is to God.”
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Very disturbing speech. I saw clips from this on the news - with Steve Bannon cheering him on. Voters need to step up this November and stop this stampede to destroy the United States.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. This country cannot vote these psychos back in.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Then he’s an idiot…

We’re still going to be fine though.

Neither the democrats or the republicans are trying to destroy the country, even though they’re both pushing that narrative hard right now.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is kind of scary sitting here watching from a neighbouring country. Nothing we can do about it here, just hope the voters are paying close attention to this.

Heck I am worried about ours, and that is not till October 2025. I just hope we have another minority government as then there is at least some form or accountability, but with this comes the chance we could be back at the poles in a year or two.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:35 am It is kind of scary sitting here watching from a neighbouring country. Nothing we can do about it here, just hope the voters are paying close attention to this.

Heck I am worried about ours, and that is not till October 2025. I just hope we have another minority government as then there is at least some form or accountability, but with this comes the chance we could be back at the poles in a year or two.
It’s interesting to get someone’s opinion who isn’t from the US…

When you guys vote, does half the country hate the other half for the way they chose to vote?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Canada is slightly different. Many Canadians are bipartisan and as a result do not affiliate with one party to the next. Also we are a bit more private as who we vote for. I have never had anyone ask me who I voted for or who I intend to vote for, and I would not tell them if they asked. Even last election when someone came to my door they asked me if I knew who I was going to vote for, and when I said yes, all they asked was if it was their party, I said no. They responded with what policies are important to you in regards to your decision? They never asked who I was voting for, well at least not directly.

Another reason we probably do not go after each other is we have 3 main political parties, 5 major (includes the main ones), and a total of 17 registered political parties. Our main ones are - Liberals, Conservatives, and NDP (New Democratic Party), the other 2 major ones are The Green Party of Canada, and Bloc Quebecois (a party that is mainly in the province of Quebec) . Also we vote for the party representative in our area. For example I did not see Trudeau on my ballot last time, I saw Bardish Chargger, Liberal. So if I wanted the Liberals in party I would have to vote for her.

I have always said the US needs a three party system. But with this History, and families engrained in who they vote for this would be impossible at this point in time.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We cannot allow them to take power.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:22 am We cannot allow them to take power.
And be prepared for what will happen if they lose.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:35 am
Della wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:22 am We cannot allow them to take power.
And be prepared for what will happen if they lose.
If they try J6 again, I don't think they'll be unarmed.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic