Do you keep cash in the house?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:26 am
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:59 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:39 am

Lol I didn’t bring any drama, I said I thought she way lying, then when everyone brought up reasonings why they though she was believable I still said, nope, I think that’s ridiculous, I still think she’s lying.

Your own reasonings are the drama lol.
Okay, just to clarify:
My dad kept cash - he's was not in the mob
I keep cash - I'm not in the mob
My son keeps cash - he's not in the mob
My daughter keeps cash - she's not in the mob
I assume about 1/5 of my customers keep cash 'cause they pay with $100 bills every time which is annoying. I doubt they're in the mob.

Many people keep cash at home for a variety of reasons, sometimes that is what they were taught.

😜
I think plenty of people keep cash at home… but I don’t think many people ( including millionaires) keep huge amounts of cash at home 🤷‍♀️ It’s an unwise financial decision to say the least. Particularly if you’re someone who is supposed to abide by the ABA’s prosecution function.
Let's take the amount of 50k since it keeps being brought up as a value. 50 thousand dollars is 5% of a million. It is not unreasonable for a person to keep 5% of their income value in cash on hand at the home...........I mean shit, some churches demand you pay 10% in tithes.

The average American makes between 50-70 a year....5% of that would amount to 2.5-3.5 thousand....Is it unreasonable for the average American to keep $3000 on hand in their home in case of emergency? Now add to that the fact that many investment and financial institutes suggest keeping 6 months worth of living expenses on hand.....if the average rent is 1500 that is equivalent to saying on average everyone should have $9,000 in cash for emergencies, JUST based on rental prices, not adding in any other living expenses.......It stands to reason that a more a person earns, the more cash they will keep on hand for their increased living expenses. So a millionaire is far more likely to have MORE than 50 thousand on hand in cash simply based on financial suggestions. And while that amount of cash seems "HUGE" to you, it is actually equivalent to just a few thousand for the average person.

Now let's take it back to the real numbers.....Willis is stated to have paid $5,000 over the course of 2 years....or rather roughly 2.5 thousand a year in cash.....as reimbursement for a vacation trip......that is .25% of a million which equates to $125-175 for the average person earning 50-70K a year. For a grand equivalency total of $250-350.. So yes, I believe the average person may have more than $350 in cash hidden in their home.....thus I believe Willis would have had the necessary cash on hand for reimbursement.

In short this whole debate is just a poor means from the Trump base to discredit Willis in a cheap effort to have her removed from his case. If anything I'd question why it took her 2 years to reimburse for the vacation.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

As far as Willis, I think the concern might be two-fold: where did the cash originate from and that there wasn't a paper trail to go off of.

As for myself and my husband and having money on hand, we save every piece of silver coins and have them in a giant, hidden jar in the home.

Last count, there is over $275 in there.
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:59 am
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:53 am
MonarchMom wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:31 am
Can totally relate - we had to evacuate our home during a weather event, which turned into a months-long displacement. Packed the car with not only emergency clothing but also financial records, insurance documents, passports, computers, valuables, jewelry, cash, etc. But then where do you park it all? We ended up getting multiple safe deposit boxes (our local bank branch was closed for months) but even that transfer was a bit nerve wracking. Also learned not to keep anything in the local bank you might need during an emergency!!
Wow! That must have been stressful in so many ways. Not nearly the same thing but my kids and I were at the Outer Banks a couple of years ago and the entire island lost power and cell service! I have never felt so weirdly isolated. I've lived in cash only countries so used to that, used to limited power and spotty internet too. But to lose both for days here in the US really was scary and made me realize how unprepared most of our to deal with catastrophic weather events. You were smart to prepare for the longer haul and I bet a lot of people weren't.
Yes - family members kidded us at first because we moved both cars inland to higher ground and lugged my desktop computer along in the car. But we were so glad we did. So many neighbors lost cars, boats, financial records, heirlooms and more. Learned a lot about what we value and what we can and can't replace.
Growing up in the Foreign Service, having a to-go bag and securing all important papers was always stressed - never knew when you may have to immediately evacuate a post. While logistically I was prepared when kids and I were evacuated (2004 from Uzbekistan), mentally I wasn’t prepared. I’m how sure how you prepare completely.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:44 pm As far as Willis, I think the concern might be two-fold: where did the cash originate from and that there wasn't a paper trail to go off of.

As for myself and my husband and having money on hand, we save every piece of silver coins and have them in a giant, hidden jar in the home.

Last count, there is over $275 in there.
Seeing as it was only $5,000 and it took her 2 years to pay it she probably got most of it from selecting the "Cash back" option when she'd go shopping. I mean that amounts to roughly 50 bucks a week in "Cash back" at the grocery store.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It keeps getting better lol…

I was thinking her dress was a bit unflattering to her figure, but didn’t say anything because it’s not something that matters… but it does lol. She was wearing her dress backwards. That’s why it looked off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... aring.html
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:54 am It keeps getting better lol…

I was thinking her dress was a bit unflattering to her figure, but didn’t say anything because it’s not something that matters… but it does lol. She was wearing her dress backwards. That’s why it looked off.

Not sure if this is true as Daily Mail UK is not a reliable source IMO. But if so - why does it matter?
I frequently wear tank tops backward so the higher neckline is across the front to limit sun exposure. And wearing cardigans reversed to button up the back is quite common too.

Honest question - What difference does it make?

UPDATE - I clicked on the link and that is so silly. Plenty of dresses zip up the front. And the dress has princess seams to curve around the bust that are quite visible. No way is this on backward.

At this point it seems the right-wingers are grasping at straws to attack her.

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:22 am

Not sure if this is true as Daily Mail UK is not a reliable source IMO. But if so - why does it matter?
I frequently wear tank tops backward so the higher neckline is across the front to limit sun exposure. And wearing cardigans reversed to button up the back is quite common too.

UPDATE - I clicked on the link and that is so silly. Plenty of dresses zip up the front. And the dress has princess seams to curve around the bust that are quite visible. No way is this on backward.

At this point it seems the right-wingers are grasping at straws to attack her.

God that is some petty shit.

But, as you said, it's The Daily Mail
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s photographic evidence, you don’t even really need a source, just look up the actual video of her being questioned.
It’s doesn’t matter… it’s funny. I mean, let’s just say democrats would have a FIELD DAY Talking about Trump’s competency if he showed up to court wearing his clothes backwards, so I think you understand why it’s a topic of conversation.

BTW- Wearing cardigans backwards is not quite common…
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:45 am

It’s photographic evidence, you don’t even really need a source, just look up the actual video of her being questioned.
It’s doesn’t matter… it’s funny. I mean, let’s just say democrats would have a FIELD DAY Talking about Trump’s competency if he showed up to court wearing his clothes backwards, so I think you understand why it’s a topic of conversation.

But the dress is not backwards. It is pretty obvious in the photo if you look at the seams down the front. Why share nonsense?

also - https://bellatory.com/news/backward-cardigan
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:51 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:45 am

But the dress is not backwards. It is pretty obvious in the photo if you look at the seams down the front. Why share nonsense?

also - https://bellatory.com/news/backward-cardigan
It definitely looks backwards to me. The zipper is the kind that goes behind, and the seams aren’t accentuating her bust, they’re going straight down- like the would one the back of a dress.

Also- that woman looks ridiculous. It’s not quite common even if she did it…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic