Trump fraud verdict over $350 Million

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Former President Trump’s business empire was dealt a stark blow Friday when a New York judge ordered him to pay more than $355 million for conspiring to alter his net worth to receive tax and insurance benefits.

Trump and several business entities, including the Trump Organization and the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, were together found liable for a whopping $354,868,768...once interest is applied, the office said the ordered total will reach about $450 million.
In addition, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, were ordered to pay more than $4 million each. All three are barred from doing business in NY for several years.

If an appeal is filed the funds will have to be placed in a court account plus 9% interest per year, or a bond secured for the full amount.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... b2cf23104f
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lol is this the one that the government decided mar a largo is worth like 2 million in actuality?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:46 am Lol is this the one that the government decided mar a largo is worth like 2 million in actuality?
Not sure what you think is "LOL" about the judgement in this case? The judge issued a 92 page ruling outlining the fraud and detailing the violations. You can read it here: https://eddsa.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.n ... L_1688.pdf

The Mar-A-Lago value is a point of debate, since it has been permanently deeded as a "resort" and cannot be developed as a private home the value is severely limited. Trump signed over “any and all of their rights to develop the property for any usage other than club usage” in 2002.

Palm Beach County tax assessment is based on Mar-a-Lago’s income as a club. This actually benefits Trump since it is a $602,000 property tax bill compared to about $18 million if Mar-a-Lago were assessed at the $1 billion he now claims it is worth.

Therein lies the fraud - when it comes to paying property taxes the company claims a low value. When it comes to collateral on loans to get lower interest rates the same property is suddenly 10 times as valuable.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:04 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:46 am Lol is this the one that the government decided mar a largo is worth like 2 million in actuality?
Not sure what you think is "LOL" about the judgement in this case? The judge issued a 92 page ruling outlining the fraud and detailing the violations. You can read it here: https://eddsa.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.n ... L_1688.pdf

The Mar-A-Lago value is a point of debate, since it has been permanently deeded as a "resort" and cannot be developed as a private home the value is severely limited. Trump signed over “any and all of their rights to develop the property for any usage other than club usage” in 2002.

Palm Beach County tax assessment is based on Mar-a-Lago’s income as a club. This actually benefits Trump since it is a $602,000 property tax bill compared to about $18 million if Mar-a-Lago were assessed at the $1 billion he now claims it is worth.

Therein lies the fraud - when it comes to paying property taxes the company claims a low value. When it comes to collateral on loans to get lower interest rates the same property is suddenly 10 times as valuable.
Mhm.

And this is something that’s supposed to prove to all his supporters how corrupt *he* is…not our banking system.

Who gets the money by the way once he pays out? The banks? The government?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 am
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:04 am

Mhm.

And this is something that’s supposed to prove to all his supporters how corrupt *he* is…not our banking system.

Who gets the money by the way once he pays out? The banks? The government?
Not sure what you are talking about by "prove" ... this was a legal case brought by the State of NY Attorney General because of business fraud uncovered that took place for over a decade. His "supporters" can draw whatever conclusion on their own.

I would think NY State gets the fines, as that is the entity that brought the case. The previous criminal cases against Michael Cohen (campaign-finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud related to paying off Stormy Daniels) and Allen Weissleberg (falsifying records and criminal tax fraud stemming from payments by Trump Org.) uncovered the larger fraud.

Ironic - if he had never run for POTUS this would likely never have come to light. He had been found guilty of fraud, fined $2 million and barred from running a charity in NY previously, but no one really paid much attention. The cover up of payments to Stormy Daniels just before the 2016 election opened up more of his records to scrutiny.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've read 75 million. Where did 2 originate?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

The fact that Trump and Biden are all we have to choose from is pathetic and it is ignorant how Americans let their favorite party control how they think. I don't care who votes for Trump because Biden is no better. But, don't act like all this litigation and judgement isn't a reflection of his trifling character and it is not because people are picking on him for no reason. This country and economy are both fucked up because we have been riding a ship with no captain for the past 8 years. This is not going to stop until we start making better voting decisions because neither Trump nor Biden is not going to swoop in office to save anybody but himself.

We'll see what Trump does to get out of paying this. He already owes Mrs. Jean 83 million.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:56 am The fact that Trump and Biden are all we have to choose from is pathetic and it is ignorant how Americans let their favorite party control how they think. I don't care who votes for Trump because Biden is no better. But, don't act like all this litigation and judgement isn't a reflection of his trifling character and it is not because people are picking on him for no reason. This country and economy are both fucked up because we have been riding a ship with no captain for the past 8 years. This is not going to stop until we start making better voting decisions because neither Trump nor Biden is not going to swoop in office to save anybody but himself.

We'll see what Trump does to get out of paying this. He already owes Mrs. Jean 83 million.
People may have complaints about President Biden's policies, but I fail to see how he is "no better" than DT.

91 Felony charges
Inciting violence against police officers at the capital
Lying repeatedly about our election security
Found guilty of sexual assault
Found guilty of defrauding students with his "university"
Found guilty of stealing from a charity he founded
Bragging "we did nothing" to curtail gun violence to the NRA
the list goes on and on

There is no way I see these two candidates as equal. Have to agree to disagree on this one.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. Right now, you couldn’t pay me enough to vote for Biden, but I hate, hate, hate that the only alternative is Trump.
I’m not losing hope with Nikki Haley yet, but it’s not looking hopeful 🙁
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:56 am The fact that Trump and Biden are all we have to choose from is pathetic and it is ignorant how Americans let their favorite party control how they think. I don't care who votes for Trump because Biden is no better. But, don't act like all this litigation and judgement isn't a reflection of his trifling character and it is not because people are picking on him for no reason. This country and economy are both fucked up because we have been riding a ship with no captain for the past 8 years. This is not going to stop until we start making better voting decisions because neither Trump nor Biden is not going to swoop in office to save anybody but himself.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:37 pm Yes. Right now, you couldn’t pay me enough to vote for Biden, but I hate, hate, hate that the only alternative is Trump.
I’m not losing hope with Nikki Haley yet, but it’s not looking hopeful 🙁

I think I am going to vote for her in the primaries. She may lose but at least she had the damn balls to try instead of just sticking us with Trump and Biden who can barely function. I'm tired of both parties forcing everyone to choose instead of getting candidates we actually want to vote for. They are both too old and need to retire.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic