Inflation update on everyday expenses

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

[quoteAmericans plagued by surging prices over the past 22 months continue to face strain as the cost of meeting everyday necessities remains elevated despite signs of slowing inflation.][/quote]

https://finance.yahoo.com/personal-fina ... 03168.html
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It's still rough out there for many.

Inflation is nothing new but the higher cost of living for a lot of seniors especially and the younger generation just trying to make it out in the world on their own is hard and can be mentally draining.

Many are making far more than they once did but with those higher hourly wages, they're often back to square one, and living paycheck to paycheck.

Some seniors can't afford an Advantage plan to subsidize their Medicare and many are found to be going to food banks, which aren't always the greatest.

It's hurtful to see.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s frustrating because in real life people can see that things are bad, but some news entities keep running stories like we’re doing great…

Gas prices down, housing costs down, unemployment down, inflation down!

Actually no… gas prices are still too high, housing costs are higher to own, rent and build, Employment is still a problem because now so many more people are underemployed , inflation is extremely high and only fluctuates now at those high levels…
The country is not doing fine.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:55 am It's still rough out there for many.

Inflation is nothing new but the higher cost of living for a lot of seniors especially and the younger generation just trying to make it out in the world on their own is hard and can be mentally draining.

Many are making far more than they once did but with those higher hourly wages, they're often back to square one, and living paycheck to paycheck.

Some seniors can't afford an Advantage plan to subsidize their Medicare and many are found to be going to food banks, which aren't always the greatest.

It's hurtful to see.
Seniors on fixed incomes are getting squeezed into selling their homes or, return to the work force in order to make ends meet.

The number of people having to take on a 2nd job is at a record high. And that 2nd job counts as a new job in Biden's job reports.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Meanwhile corporate profits remain at an all time high.........https://fortune.com/2024/01/20/inflatio ... te-profit/
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:10 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:55 am It's still rough out there for many.

It's hurtful to see.
Seniors on fixed incomes are getting squeezed into selling their homes or, return to the work force in order to make ends meet.

The number of people having to take on a 2nd job is at a record high. And that 2nd job counts as a new job in Biden's job reports.
I believe it and have seen it for myself.

As someone who lives with a senior on Medicare and SSDI (my husband) and my own Mom, who is turning 85 in June, I know it's been hard for both of them to have worked all of their lives to have to live as they do.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SS was never meant to be ones only retirement, I thought. Kind of like minimum wage wasn't meant to be a forever position.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic