I don't know what to do

Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Saturday night I got into a bad car accident .I had the green light but another driver ran the the red light and t boned me in the intersection.

My car is pretty much totaled . The entire front is smashed up and it leaked fluid from the front and the back. The other car admitted fault immediately it was a teen driver she was crying hysterically and said she fell asleep.

My car was towed away. I went to the hospital had to take a $46 uber home.

Im an uber driver in Vegas and i lost out on SO much money not being able to drive superbowl weekend. I am devestated . My car was fully paid off and now because of this teenaged twit I'm going to have to get a car payment. I had atleast a few more years of driving my car for uber.

An ambulance chaser ran up to me immediately and gave me her card. I googled the law firm... good reviews but i got the documents to sign and they said they will take upwards of 45 percent plus fees if it goes to trial otherwise they take 34% or 40% . That seems very steep to me. In nyc max is 30% but I'm in Nevada now.

I told the ambulance chaser I want a car rental and lost wages but now I'm wondering if i should just cut them out altogether or go after my rental and lost wages separetely from the injury attorney?

I don't even know what to do in that regards... do i just call them and demand the rental and lost wages? If i have the attorney do it they will take a portion of that money right? My car will most likely be totaled the repairs will exceed the value i have a 2013 elantra .

If they want a cut of the injury settlement that's fine but i want my car money immediately and don't want to pay them for that. I don't know what to do. Should i just call Geico and file the claim myself?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Omg it was an accident. If both you (unlikely) and the other driver has insurance you will be compensated. As for list wages you don't have a W4 job that has an hourly wage so you won't get anything there.

This is your second accident where your car was totaled. So I'd take what insurance offers me and move on. Get a real job before accident 3 so you can claim lost wages.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

20240210_210559.jpg
My smashed up car... Im so upset . This was the most reliable car I've ever had. I drove it cross country. I was so proud to have it paid off now its gone .I had to walk dd to college this morning 1.5 miles and pick her up. All my dr offices are in Henderson i live in north las Vegas.. now im stuck with no transportation .It was dd birthday yesterday and it was ruined .I canceled her reservation at sugar factory.I made plans to go to the movies down the street instead but I slept all day so i messed that up too.I was so depressed.Im glad i didn't have passengers in the car with me i just dropped them off right before i got hit.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:15 pm Omg it was an accident. If both you (unlikely) and the other driver has insurance you will be compensated. As for list wages you don't have a W4 job that has an hourly wage so you won't get anything there.

This is your second accident where your car was totaled. So I'd take what insurance offers me and move on. Get a real job before accident 3 so you can claim lost wages.
That's such a nasty thing to say. Uber is a real job. It pays my bills.My other accident my car wasn't totaled and i got a settlement check from that.It was in 2019 and the other person was at fault that has nothing to do with this accident. You're juat a bitch assuming I dont have insurance. Why wouldnt I be insured? I have always had insurance since the day I had any car.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:15 pm Omg it was an accident. If both you (unlikely) and the other driver has insurance you will be compensated. As for list wages you don't have a W4 job that has an hourly wage so you won't get anything there.

She’s actually had three (maybe four?) accidents. I’m surprised Uber let’s her drive for them.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Was your car registered as a work vehicle with your insurance? Because if is was not you may be on the hook for the entire repair. A good lawyer will find this out.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:26 pm

That's such a nasty thing to say. Uber is a real job. It pays my bills.My other accident my car wasn't totaled and i got a settlement check from that.It was in 2019 and the other person was at fault that has nothing to do with this accident. You're juat a bitch assuming I dont have insurance. Why wouldnt I be insured? I have always had insurance since the day I had any car.
It doesn’t pay your bills. You’re on government assistance. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that or with working for Uber, but it doesn’t cover your bills and shouldn’t be your long term plan. And that’s also not true, you posted in the past that you totaled a rental car and it was determined to be your fault because you pulled out in front of the other driver. You have to be truthful with yourself if you want to make any progress.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have always carried full coverage as I.dont drive a car over 5 years old ever.

How dare I. My dear, you don't pay taxes. You can't get benefits from UBER. YOU ARE IN FOODSTAMPS. SECTION 8 AND Medicaid.

Talk to me when you have a real 40 hour a week jib that gives you a bi weekly paycheck.

And again I stand by, this was an accident. You weren't hurt. File with the I sirance company and move on.

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Call you insurance agent and find out what coverage you have. If the other driver is found to be at fault then your company may be able to pursue her insurance to cover a rental car and any medical bills. Any lawsuit would be for pain, suffering or lost wages above and beyond the medical bills.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:01 pm I have always carried full coverage as I.dont drive a car over 5 years old ever.

How dare I. My dear, you don't pay taxes. You can't get benefits from UBER. YOU ARE IN FOODSTAMPS. SECTION 8 AND Medicaid.

Talk to me when you have a real 40 hour a week jib that gives you a bi weekly paycheck.

And again I stand by, this was an accident. You weren't hurt. File with the I sirance company and move on.

I haven't posted on this site in damn near a year and you people are still nasty as ever. You don't know what Im on or off ..
Keep your nastiness to yourself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic