What are your sleeping habits and have they changed?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm finding as I get older my sleeping habits have pretty dramatically changed. I can sleep for 6 hours at night - no more and no less, no matter what time I go to bed. I can't nap anymore. Up until a few years ago, I was able to sleep-in for as long as family allowed and I was able to nap whenever family allowed. I'm kind of disappointed as I used to enjoy rainy sleepy days in my pjs!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I sleep more than I ever have - and I’m 47.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm still a night owl and can totally sleep in on weekends and will still happily stay up until 2 or 3 am.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm 50 and haven't worked outside the home in over 20 years.

That being said, I've always been a night owl. I go to sleep around 2 or 3 am and wake up when I have to or want to. I've never been a napper during the day, though.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

After I had my youngest I definitely started sleeping more. Before then I never napped unless I was pregnant. Now I love a good nap lol. I just wish I could get through the night without having to pee.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm 54. We go to bed close to the same time every day- around 9/930. We wake up early - 5 on weekdays and 6/630 weekends. We make an effort to maintain a set sleep schedule. We just don't recover as quickly as we use to.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:59 am I'm 54. We go to bed close to the same time every day- around 9/930. We wake up early - 5 on weekdays and 6/630 weekends. We make an effort to maintain a set sleep schedule. We just don't recover as quickly as we use to.
Pretty much the same here. Rarely stay up past 10:30, and am up at 5/5:30 regardless of when I go to sleep. I like the early morning to get things done, exercise, or set off for any activity, so that is no problem. I can no longer sleep a full 8 hours like I used to, but I can nap in the afternoon if I didn't sleep well.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:59 am I'm 54. We go to bed close to the same time every day- around 9/930. We wake up early - 5 on weekdays and 6/630 weekends. We make an effort to maintain a set sleep schedule. We just don't recover as quickly as we use to.
My sleep schedule is all over the map. I go to bed really late on days I work (Th-Sun) and relatively early on days I don't. But regardless, it's always 6 hours and then my eyes pop open! I want to sleep in, my work schedule permits me to sleep in, but my body just won't do it.

Prior to menopause I was able to sleep-in. During menopause, I suffered from pretty horrible insomnia so even getting 2-3 hours was a treat. I feel good with the solid 6 so not terribly upset about it but worry a bit as it seems lower than what I'm "supposed" to be getting at my age.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Six hours at most is all I can do anymore, but I have back, neck and hip problems along with restless legs. I have to nap most days.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am all over the place because of my work schedule,. I am also always tired, always. I can fall asleep at the drop of the hat, I was never someone who napped, I wasn’t capable of it, but if I sit down, it’s almost a guarantee that I will fall asleep. I also wake up every few hours, sometimes to use the restroom sometimes just because.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic