Do you have a go-bag?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Yes, I do. But my partner and my children have them too. It's more for any emergency and not abuse.

But any woman who has a go-bag that she keeps secretly from her partner has a reason and it might not have anything to do with her current partner. I keep a few thousand dollars hidden that no one knows about, not even my current partner. It has nothing to do with him and has everything to do with my fear of reliving what I did with my ex-husband. I will never put myself in a position again where I stay in a relationship because I'm afraid of not being able to support myself or my children.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I do. I've always had a go bag since I was like 14 or so, and I'm never giving it up.

I grew up in abusive situations and I've been in abusive relationships. While my marriage is nothing like that and I don't feel unsafe at all, I would never be comfortable with not having a bag. I need to know, for my own comfort and peace of mind, that I could grab my bag and get out if I ever felt the need to do it, and that's just the way it is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic