Just found this out today… I’m shook.

cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL! Literally ;)

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:52 pm I mean, at least they're keeping their shit to themselves. I can't really object to that.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DH and I did before we had our son. It was fun. It was after 911, so police were not allowing glass in the area. People had coke plastic liter bottles filled with booze. Police had no restrictions on alcohol- just no glass allowed. A helicopter flew overhead and dropped party favors. People sang all sorts of Christmas songs and of course The Star Spangled Banner, America the Beautiful and others. After the Ball dropped we headed out to a nearby club and danced the rest of the night away. Then we got breakfast - gotta’ love NYC. There is always something open! We then headed to Penn Station and slept the rest of the day. OH to be young again! LOL

KendallsMom wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:46 am I never understood why all those people stand around for hours like sardines in a can, regardless of weather conditions, to see a ball drop.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s one of the many reasons why I’ve never gone, even when we lived in NYC. It’s not a ticketed event, it’s first come first serve until they are at capacity, so if anyone wants to see anything they have to get there in the morning and stay all day. There are no porta potties for safety reasons. The restaurants at time square are actually open, but they require you to buy something so since there is no spot saving, if you leave to go eat something and use the bathroom, you’re space will be gone and you’ll be stuck on the outskirts unable to see anything. And since cell phones are pretty much useless because of the large crowds, you can’t just go in shifts and have friends save your spot, you’ll never find them again.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

To each its own but that is a hell to the no for me. NY is fun but it’s not that serious. I don’t even do those porta potties, so my holiday parting has to be somewhere where I have access to a bathroom.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I mean, it's not surprising. In a crowd like that, you wear a diaper, you hold it in, or you leave the crowd to use the bathroom and lose your spot. That's it, those are the only options.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:08 am To each its own but that is a hell to the no for me. NY is fun but it’s not that serious. I don’t even do those porta potties, so my holiday parting has to be somewhere where I have access to a bathroom.
I agree… so many questions get brought up… what if you’re there in the diaper at 7 pm, pee in it at 8pm and the party still isnt over for hours… are they changing it?
Are they just sitting in a wet diaper for hours?
And then, are there used adult diapers all over the place if they are changing them?

People always said nye smelled like urine… this is why lol
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:40 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:08 am To each its own but that is a hell to the no for me. NY is fun but it’s not that serious. I don’t even do those porta potties, so my holiday parting has to be somewhere where I have access to a bathroom.
I agree… so many questions get brought up… what if you’re there in the diaper at 7 pm, pee in it at 8pm and the party still isnt over for hours… are they changing it?
And then, are there used adult diapers all over the place if they are changing them?

I would think they would wait to get back to their home or hotel before changing their diaper, lol.

Adult diapers are recommended at some music festivals I've gone to. I haven't worn them but I know that a lot of people do. I'll ask my daughter if she's worn them.

I fly fish and adult diapers are recommended if you're going to spend the day on a river. I haven't yet but next time I just might! I mean it's better than pissing on yourself (haven't done that yet).
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I worked for Chick-Fil-A while in college. People would camp out at new locations for two days just to get a coupon giving them free CFA for a year. I thought THAT was wild.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:57 pm

I would think they would wait to get back to their home or hotel before changing their diaper, lol.

Adult diapers are recommended at some music festivals I've gone to. I haven't worn them but I know that a lot of people do. I'll ask my daughter if she's worn them.

I fly fish and adult diapers are recommended if you're going to spend the day on a river. I haven't yet but next time I just might! I mean it's better than pissing on yourself (haven't done that yet).

But isn’t wearing a diaper essentially pissing on yourself and sitting in it until you change it?

I just can’t see myself doing that unless I’m a toddler or a senior with medical problems.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Last time I went to NYC, it was worse than the French Quarter after Mardi Gras, I don’t want to see the day after NYW. lol!

I don’t mind partying in large crowds but I can’t do the events that restrict access to bathrooms.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic