S**t that happened to me

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I took MC's advice and put my resume online. I even stated I wanted $20 hour or more.
So many places wanted an interview. I would have the phone interview, go in and then they wanted me to start out at $14-16 an hour.
I found a job I really liked and did the two interviews, agreed to start in mid June and then the guy was like, "Can you start part time and work up to full time in a few months?" Its crazy what some employers try to pull.
On top of all that chaos, I was in a car accident in my car was totaled. The front end completely ripped off. I suffered a concussion and whiplash.
It could had been worse. My kids could had been in the car with me.
I did buy a new to me car... It's a Honda Pilot.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:34 pm I took MC's advice and put my resume online. I even stated I wanted $20 hour or more.
So many places wanted an interview. I would have the phone interview, go in and then they wanted me to start out at $14-16 an hour.
I'm not entirely surprised.

Many employers will try to get the 'best deal' they can, and attempt to negotiate your salary down and your hours up.

Just stick by your guns, and respond with a polite but firm "No. As I initially stated, <restate, word for word, exactly what you said>." Do not include the word "Sorry".
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I love my Honda Pilot. It's such a fantastic car. I'm sorry you're going through all of this, though.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am so sorry. Businesses are always looking for a bargain, and it sucks!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic