The Walmart employee was actually angry that I was using plastic bags

Anonymous 1

Unread post

At the start of the year a bag ban went into place. Plastic bags at stores that still have them are 10¢ each. Walmart stopped supplying bags entirely. They only have cheap reusable bags you have to buy for like $1 or more.

I bought some plastic bags like they used to use in stores online because it is a lot easier.

The employee came up to me and said I couldn't use the plastic bags. I told her that was not true, I can use any bag I want to bag my items. She then started saying that they would have to charge me for each bag used. I tried hard not to but I ended up laughing right at her when she said that. They can't charge me for my own bags, they have to charge if they are the ones providing the bags but they can't charge me for my own bags. She ended up getting a manager who told her I was correct and stormed off. It's like Walmart only hires dumb people or something
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Things that didn't happen for $800, Alex...
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I use more plastic bags since that "ban" started. Eh, whatever. Aldi just changed to paper, I guess. They had the best plastic bags. The paper ones suck.

I find it hard to believe your Walmart doesn't have them anymore, though. Walmart here still has them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:20 pm I use more plastic bags since that "ban" started. Eh, whatever. Aldi just changed to paper, I guess. They had the best plastic bags. The paper ones suck.

I find it hard to believe your Walmart doesn't have them anymore, though. Walmart here still has them.
I wish I was lying. I'd have no problem just paying the 10¢ for bags instead of having to bring my own.

https://kdvr.com/news/walmart-eliminate ... -colorado/
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why would you buy plastic bags to bring to a store…
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:31 pm Why would you buy plastic bags to bring to a store…
Because they are so much easier. I hang them up on the thing made for the plastic bags and bag like I always have when those were the option.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:53 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:31 pm Why would you buy plastic bags to bring to a store…
Because they are so much easier. I hang them up on the thing made for the plastic bags and bag like I always have when those were the option.
You can hang reusable bags up the same way, I do it every time, and they are a whole lot more durable and last a whole lot longer before tearing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:24 pm
You can hang reusable bags up the same way, I do it every time, and they are a whole lot more durable and last a whole lot longer before tearing.
I've tried and it's not as easy. The reusable bag I have are much too big to hang on them. If a bag tears I just recycle it like I did before. This is so much easier for me. You do what you like and I'll do what I like
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:28 pm

I've tried and it's not as easy. The reusable bag I have are much too big to hang on them. If a bag tears I just recycle it like I did before. This is so much easier for me. You do what you like and I'll do what I like
So get a smaller reusable bag…
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:28 pm
So get a smaller reusable bag…
Or like I said. I'll do what I like. I don't need 10-20 reusable bags floating around my car/house/etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic