My ex is having a hard time understanding that child support payments have changed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I got a new job and my pay went from biweekly to semi monthly. So instead of getting paid every two weeks on Friday I get paid twice a month on the 5th and the 20th. I pay him child support (which I think is BS anyway because we have 50/50 custody but that is a whole other discuss) every paycheck because he requested that instead of monthly payments.

It's been a few months now and every time he doesn't get his child support payment when he thinks he should he calls me and leaves me a mean voice message or sends me a mean text. He says I'm a deadbeat and trying to play him and the system.

He's overall not an unintelligent person but this is a bunch of bullshit. It's like for some reason he just can't understand that biweekly and semimonthly are not the same thing. I'm about ready to block him for awhile.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Do you go through child support enforcement? Or do you pay him directly? I'd take these voicemails to court and see what can be done.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Do you send the payments yourself? If that is the case you should adhere to the language of the support order. If it states "every two weeks" then you should continue that pattern, regardless of when you are paid. Just budget accordingly to make the required payments.

If the support order states it is deducted from your pay and sent via the child support system, then I assume that is happening still. In that case send him a copy of the paperwork from your employer showing the change to the pay periods. If you send it by certified mail you will have documentation that he has been informed.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:10 am Do you go through child support enforcement? Or do you pay him directly? I'd take these voicemails to court and see what can be done.
It's all set up through the state and comes out automatically.

It's honestly not worth the time to go to court it's just annoying.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It comes out automatically. The court order says I have to pay every paycheck. I'd rather just do it monthly but he wanted it every paycheck.

I have documentation proving he's been informed. He was told before I even switched jobs.
MonarchMom wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:03 am Do you send the payments yourself? If that is the case you should adhere to the language of the support order. If it states "every two weeks" then you should continue that pattern, regardless of when you are paid. Just budget accordingly to make the required payments.

If the support order states it is deducted from your pay and sent via the child support system, then I assume that is happening still. In that case send him a copy of the paperwork from your employer showing the change to the pay periods. If you send it by certified mail you will have documentation that he has been informed.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:34 am It comes out automatically. The court order says I have to pay every paycheck. I'd rather just do it monthly but he wanted it every paycheck.

I have documentation proving he's been informed. He was told before I even switched jobs.
MonarchMom wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:03 am Do you send the payments yourself? If that is the case you should adhere to the language of the support order. If it states "every two weeks" then you should continue that pattern, regardless of when you are paid. Just budget accordingly to make the required payments.

Did you child support payments increase when you switched to bi-monthly payments?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:39 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:34 am It comes out automatically. The court order says I have to pay every paycheck. I'd rather just do it monthly but he wanted it every paycheck.

Did you child support payments increase when you switched to bi-monthly payments?
A little bit because there are 24 payments a year vs 26 with the biweekly payments.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

If you have the documentation that he's been made aware of the changes, ignore his mean texts and VMs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic