The US will have to send their sons and daughters

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

“The US will have to send their sons and daughters, exactly the same way as we are sending, their sons and daughters to war. And they will have to fight, because it’s NATO that we’re talking about. And they will be dying, God forbid, because it’s a horrible thing.” - Ukrainian President

Now… there’s a lot of talk over what he meant by this quote…some people think it means we need to send our children over there to die to win this war. Some people think it means if Ukraine loses, Russia will keep trying to take over Europe and we will eventually have to send our kids because all the NATO countries will be at war. So he was saying if the US doesn’t keep supplying weapons, we will have to end up sending our children. But Russia will still see that as US involvement and accept the US as a threat.

But that scenario is only plausible to people who believe Russia would attempt to take over Europe. Many people don’t, and think Russia wants specific territories.

If we believe one version, war is inevitable, we can either send weapons until Russia attacks the US and then we will have to send our children to die anyways…

If we believe the second version, getting out of this war, the weapons exchanges, and the ramped up rhetoric will end up with Ukraine losing the war, but our own children remaining safe.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Washington
CNN

A viral video of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky takes his remarks out of context to wrongly make it sound like he demanded that Americans send their sons and daughters to fight in the war in Ukraine.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/02/politics ... index.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:32 am Washington
CNN

A viral video of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky takes his remarks out of context to wrongly make it sound like he demanded that Americans send their sons and daughters to fight in the war in Ukraine.

I’ve read that and gone over what their take on it was in the post.

Do you believe that if we don’t keep supplying them with weapons, they will lose, Russia will try to take over the world and we’ll end up having to send our sons and daughters to die at that point?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:55 am
CNN

Do you believe that if we don’t keep supplying them with weapons, they will lose, Russia will try to take over the world and we’ll end up having to send our sons and daughters to die at that point?
Do you remember Nikita Khrushchev and how his words were taken?

I actually disagree with our interference in the affairs of other countries. We became the world police after WWII and it mostly hasn't really benefited us.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:59 am
CNN

I actually disagree with our interference in the affairs of other countries. We became the world police after WWII and it mostly hasn't really benefited us.
I’m not a fan of it either. We need to get our own country together before getting in everybody’s else’s business.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If that were to happen, then yes. The U.S would have the obligation to enter a war if one of the members is threatened. Article 5 of the treaty is collective defense and states that “an attack against one Ally is considered as an attack against all Allies”. Therefore, all Allies are bound to take action.
Actually, the first time it was invoked was by the U.S after 9/11. In response NATO Allies joined the U.S in several counterterrorism campaigns.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_110496.htm
CNN

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, “with great power comes great responsibility”. The U.S has been for decades, and still is, the most powerful and influential country in the world.
Furthermore, as I said above, as a member of NATO, it’s obligated to provide support if another member is threatened or attacked. And if a NATO Alliance was formed to aid and support the U.S after 9/11, it can’t really weasel out of doing the same if another Ally requires it.
Also, NATO has already stated and reaffirmed the Allies support of Ukraine’s defense.
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:51 am
Della wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:59 am

I’m not a fan of it either. We need to get our own country together before getting in everybody’s else’s business.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

*If* that were to happen…

That “if” is predicated on the belief that if Russia annexes those territories, they would not stop and attempt to take over the rest of Europe and its countries…

Some people believe that is true, some people don’t believe that is true.

If it isn’t true, we don’t have to send weapons or our children to die, those are propagandist words meant to make us jump when they say how high.

If it is true, we’re on the brink of World War 3…
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:25 pm If that were to happen, then yes. The U.S would have the obligation to enter a war if one of the members is threatened. Article 5 of the treaty is collective defense and states that “an attack against one Ally is considered as an attack against all Allies”. Therefore, all Allies are bound to take action.
Actually, the first time it was invoked was by the U.S after 9/11. In response NATO Allies joined the U.S in several counterterrorism campaigns.

CNN

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I believe they won’t stop. At least, not as Putin is in power.
But even right now, NATO has declared its support for Ukraine’s defense, which means the U.S is bound to join in that support, at least with arms. You can’t expect military help from your Allies when you’re attacked and then wash your hands of everything when they need it. Was it OK for Alliance forces to deploy their sons and daughters to help the US, but the US shouldn’t do the same? The U.S must join in providing the aid that all NATO members agreed upon, either weapons or any other military aid.
Bobcobbagob wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:10 pm *If* that were to happen…

That “if” is predicated on the belief that if Russia annexes those territories, they would not stop and attempt to take over the rest of Europe and its countries…

If it isn’t true, we don’t have to send weapons or our children to die, those are propagandist words meant to make us jump when they say how high.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:25 pm If that were to happen, then yes. The U.S would have the obligation to enter a war if one of the members is threatened. Article 5 of the treaty is collective defense and states that “an attack against one Ally is considered as an attack against all Allies”. Therefore, all Allies are bound to take action.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

What makes you think he won’t stop?
Because Crimea was annexed, or has Putin said anything alluding to wanting nato territory?

But if you are talking about the Iraq war or the war on terrorism, no… I dont think other countries should have sent anyone. I think millions of innocent people died needlessly based on the propaganda/lies we told the allied nations.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:22 pm I believe they won’t stop. At least, not as Putin is in power.
But even right now, NATO has declared its support for Ukraine’s defense, which means the U.S is bound to join in that support, at least with arms. You can’t expect military help from your Allies when you’re attacked and then wash your hands of everything when they need it. Was it OK for Alliance forces to deploy their sons and daughters to help the US, but the US shouldn’t do the same? The U.S must join in providing the aid that all NATO members agreed upon, either weapons or any other military aid.
Bobcobbagob wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:10 pm *If* that were to happen…

Locked Previous topicNext topic