Dozens of kids vanish in Cleveland area as police probe alarming trend

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dozens-kids- ... ming-trend

Almost 30 children were reported missing in the Cleveland area over a two-week span at the start of May, which is something a local police chief said he has not seen in his 33-year career.

Newburgh Heights Police Chief John Majoy, who also serves as the board president of the volunteer nonprofit Cleveland Missing, told Fox News Digital that the number of 12- to 17-year-olds reported missing has remained at unprecedented levels throughout the month.

"There's always peaks and valleys with missing persons, but this year it seems like an extraordinary year," said Majoy, who heads a police department in a suburb just outside of Cleveland.

"For some reason, in 2023, we've seen a lot more than we normally see, which is troubling in part because we don't know what's going on with some of these kids, whether they're being trafficked or whether they're involved in gang activity or drugs."
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Wow, the link from your article suggests an enormous existing problem

https://www.usmarshals.gov/news/press-r ... n-northern

U.S. Marshals Operation Recovers Thirty-Five Critically Missing Children From Northern Ohio

The missing children recovered came from across the Northern District of Ohio, focusing on the major metropolitan areas of Cleveland, Toledo, Akron, Canton, Youngstown, and surrounding counties. The cases led officers across Ohio, and even across the country to California, Arizona, and West Virginia. All the missing juvenile’s whereabouts were unknown, and critical risk factors placed them in elevated danger of physical or sexual abuse, neglect, substance abuse or human trafficking.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The first article says that many of them are likely to be runaways. Looking back at some of the hardest times my children and I have been together, and they've never run away. I would think that things would have to be pretty bad at home to make a child run away, not that it never happens. I'm wondering if rather than running away from their families, they are running away from gangs. Like, they felt no choice but to join a gang and now there's no way to get out except to disappear. Either way, this is so scary and so sad.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Actually, it’s come out when black girls are missing, they’re labeled as runaways, so cops don’t have to spend a lot of time looking for them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic