The sun is green.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Everything you thought you knew was a lie.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Are you okay over there?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Whatcha talkin’ about Willis?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:17 pm Whatcha talkin’ about Willis?
“Every object emits a wave of energy, the portion of this that we can see by the human eye is called the electromagnetic spectrum also called "visible light". There are other forms of waves, but we cannot see those in the air. When you calculate the suns wavelength or visible light, it emits energy around 500 nm, which is close to blue-green on the visible light spectrum. So that means the sun is actually green! “

We see it as yellow, but up close its white, and without any atmospheric interference it would look green.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

That doesn’t mean the sun is green… that means the sun would look green *if*…
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No. There is no such thing as a green star.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good thing you went Anon..
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I often wonder if everyone's colors are the same. Why? I don't know. I'm friggen weird.

For example, you are told a banana is yellow. Great. But do other people see it as your yellow, or do they see it as red? All they know is someone told them this is "yellow". Someone could hand you a sheet of paper and say "This is white". But maybe what is white to that person is seen as blue by the person they told. We'll never know.

I need a life, I guess.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:16 pm I often wonder if everyone's colors are the same. Why? I don't know. I'm friggen weird.

For example, you are told a banana is yellow. Great. But do other people see it as your yellow, or do they see it as red? All they know is someone told them this is "yellow". Someone could hand you a sheet of paper and say "This is white". But maybe what is white to that person is seen as blue by the person they told. We'll never know.

I need a life, I guess.
Who decided things should be called what they are? In other words, why is a car called a car and not a pencil?

We are very similar is our lack of life(ness). 😄
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:24 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:16 pm I often wonder if everyone's colors are the same. Why? I don't know. I'm friggen weird.

I need a life, I guess.
Who decided things should be called what they are? In other words, why is a car called a car and not a pencil?

We are very similar is our lack of life(ness). 😄
Car comes from the Latin word carrus, which refers to a wheeled vehicle. That’s why car is also the beginning of the words cart and carriage. All words have an origin.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic