Florida taxpayers pick up bill for Ron DeSantis’s culture war lawsuits

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"As a result of the mounting lawsuits against DeSantis, the governor’s legal costs, which the Miami Herald reported last December to cost at least $16.7m, have been soaring."

(...)

“DeSantis went to Harvard for his [law degree]. This is someone who should understand the constraints placed on him and the state by the United States constitution and the Florida constitution. He knows those constraints, but he doesn’t care. His goal is to intentionally pass unconstitutional laws and set up legal challenges in order for the conservative supreme court to overturn long held protections,” Berman said."

(...)

"But even better for DeSantis when they rule against him … DeSantis is able to stand up and say, ‘These crazy judges want our children to watch drag shows, they want our children to be taught to be gay, they want Disney to be this terrible company. That’s why you need a strong governor and why you will benefit from having me as president because I will make sure to get rid of these judges and replace them with judges that have traditional American morals,’” Jarvis added."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -taxpayers
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yet, he still has a following. Very scary.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:33 am Yet, he still has a following. Very scary.
He's using our money to preach to the ultra right. He doesn't actually care if these laws are struck down. I knew he was using these bills to further his campaign for the Presidency. Anyone with half a brain should see it, but alas they are gullible.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Don’t Take Financial Advice From Ron DeSantis

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... s-00099483
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic