Would someone not having a credit score be a red flag?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This guy I have been dating told me he doesn't have a credit score. He has never used credit. Part of me thinks it is a massive red flag but on the other hand the fact that he owns two homes, multiple cars, and other fun things all with no debt doesn't actually seem like a bad thing.

Opinions?
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Someone’s credit score isn’t on my mind ever…so probably not. Now if I were going to marry this person I’d want to know what the whole financial picture was painted and not just a score. There could be a thousand reasons why someone doesn’t utilize credit.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Or he's a drug dealer and deals in cash.

Heyteacher wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:19 am Someone’s credit score isn’t on my mind ever…so probably not. Now if I were going to marry this person I’d want to know what the whole financial picture was painted and not just a score. There could be a thousand reasons why someone doesn’t utilize credit.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I knew someone who had no credit. He was very stubborn and ignorant. He wasn’t stupid just had no education and flat out refused to learn. He was poor but i might see the no credit score as a red flag. Plus where is his cash coming from? Is he a mafia guy or just very wealthy?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn't have any credit until about a year and a half ago. I never had anything to build it up. No credit cards, no loans, and I always rented from private landlords who didn't report things. I only started building it up because I want to sell my current home and buy a new one.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Have you actually seen the two homes and multiple cars or is this just something he claims to have?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:08 am This guy I have been dating told me he doesn't have a credit score. He has never used credit. Part of me thinks it is a massive red flag but on the other hand the fact that he owns two homes, multiple cars, and other fun things all with no debt doesn't actually seem like a bad thing.

Opinions?
What is his age?
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That’s why I said you need to explore the whole picture. Is he a drug dealer, assassin, mobster…or
Does he have family money that allows him to be debt free.

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:27 am Or he's a drug dealer and deals in cash.

Heyteacher wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:19 am Someone’s credit score isn’t on my mind ever…so probably not. Now if I were going to marry this person I’d want to know what the whole financial picture was painted and not just a score. There could be a thousand reasons why someone doesn’t utilize credit.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

I wouldn’t think he was making the best choice.

Even if he’s loaded, travels all over the world and never gets into the American Express lounge at the airport…
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope..not at all. A lot of people have no credit score because they have no debt..they pay everything in cash. It's a Dave Ramsey thing for sure. He hates credit cards and will not have one. He is adamant that you can get by in life without a credit card which means no credit score. If someone follows DR to a T, then I expect no credit score...if you are like us and only follow certain principles of his, then well..you have one. LOL We refuse to give up our credit cards.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic