Would you go back into the store?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A guy posted about this in the local fb group. He was in Subway. He paid and had enough change for a cookie. He asked the cashier to add the cookie but give it to the little boy waiting behind him in line with his mother. He left and went to eat his sandwich in the car. When the mom and boy came out he asked if the boy got his cookie. The mom said she had no idea what he was talking about. The cashier never gave a cookie or said anything. He deduced the cashier pocketed the $1. Would you go back in and say anything to the cashier?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No. I don't waste my time on stupid things.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Probably not.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Depends on what side of the bed I woke up on that day lol
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not over a dollar cookie. The cashier might have just been busy and forgot.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably. I would not automatically think theft but perhaps the cashier forgot.. as much as I love cookie if the kid didn’t get it I will. I bought it I want it.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

If it was a place I regularly go to, I'd be going back. It's a cookie and could easily be a mistake on their part.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I doubt they pocketed the dollar. That would be theft and a reason to be fired. She probably just forgot. But yes, I'd say something.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:36 am I doubt they pocketed the dollar. That would be theft and a reason to be fired. She probably just forgot. But yes, I'd say something.
Do you live under a rock!? A lot of employees steal from their job. I used to work with one dude at subway who used to steal food and money. He didn't care about getting fired
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:16 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:36 am I doubt they pocketed the dollar. That would be theft and a reason to be fired. She probably just forgot. But yes, I'd say something.
Do you live under a rock!? A lot of employees steal from their job. I used to work with one dude at subway who used to steal food and money. He didn't care about getting fired

I'm fully aware people steal. But that's the exception not the rule. It depends on how badly one needs the job, even if it is just Subway.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic