"Glory to Ukraine" is the slogan of chauvinists who killed Jews and Poles

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

https://news.yahoo.com/glory-ukraine-sl ... 00244.html

Quote: "There is no difference between For home – ready! and Glory to Ukraine. This is the cry of the most radical chauvinists in the west of Ukraine, who collaborated with the Nazis and killed thousands of Jews and Poles. I don't want to hear this in Croatia," he said.

"I am not interested in the fact that some leaders are ‘hooked’ on it. Let them come up with a different greeting," the Croatian President added.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

f**k Russia and its supporters.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is a logical fallacy. the president of Croatia is conflating two different statements and making false claims that they mean the same thing.

It's like saying " I don't like anchovies on pizza" is the same as saying "I hate fish".

Stop trying to stoke the fire of misinformation for "activity" it's not needed and only makes you look like a gullible pawn.

You're smarter than that Bob....at least I thought you were.

Are you going to start admonishing churches for saying "Glory to God" next?
What about the slogan "God save the Queen" (now King) hailed by British armies for centuries? Is that now "Anti-democratic"
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:14 pm This is a logical fallacy. the president of Croatia is conflating two different statements and making false claims that they mean the same thing.

It's like saying " I don't like anchovies on pizza" is the same as saying "I hate fish".

Stop trying to stoke the fire of misinformation for "activity" it's not needed and only makes you look like a gullible pawn.

What about the slogan "God save the Queen" (now King) hailed by British armies for centuries? Is that now "Anti-democratic"
I’m posting current news stories on Yahoo news…these aren’t my words.

If you’d rather stay in the dark about what is happening in the rest of the world, so be it… stay in the dark.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:52 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:14 pm This is a logical fallacy. the president of Croatia is conflating two different statements and making false claims that they mean the same thing.

If you’d rather stay in the dark about what is happening in the rest of the world, so be it… stay in the dark.
Really? It seemed like you had fallen down a QAnon rabbit hole on 4chan or Truth Social.....in any case we don't need you posting Russian propaganda to help with boosting activity on the site. Just donate through Patreon and encourage others to do the same and the site will survive....No propaganda required.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Yahoo is aggregating Pravda.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:02 pm

Really? It seemed like you had fallen down a QAnon rabbit hole on 4chan or Truth Social.....in any case we don't need you posting Russian propaganda to help with boosting activity on the site. Just donate through Patreon and encourage others to do the same and the site will survive....No propaganda required.
It's originally Pravda.
306/232

Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:17 pm

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Yahoo is aggregating Pravda.
Am I wrong, or is that a pro Ukraine site based in Ukraine?
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Again… this was a top story on yahoo news. Not 4chan, or truthsocial… Yahoo. A most basic site in which people see the news as they go to get their mail…

If you don’t want to know, don’t worry about it… move on.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:18 pm

It's originally Pravda.
It's actually Ukrainski Pravda which is not generally considered biased (maybe a little left-leaning). But OP failed to include the second part of the article for context:

"For reference: The slogan "Glory to Ukraine" (and the answer "Glory all over the land") has existed at least since the 19th century, and it became widespread in the army of the Ukrainian People's Republic at the beginning of the 20th century, from where it passed to Plast organisations [scouting organisations in Ukraine -ed.].

Background: The Croatian president has repeatedly made pro-Russian statements before. For example, in January, he called for not comparing the situation in Kosovo with the annexation of Crimea, saying that Crimea would never be Ukrainian territory again.

Milanović also stated that Croatia should not provide military assistance to Ukraine and that sending Western tanks to Kyiv would only prolong the war."

Milanovic has been pro-Russia/anti-Ukraine since 2014 so it's not surprising that he makes yet another stupid comment.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic