The Russians are dying … Best money we’ve ever spent.”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/politics/russi ... st/2907709#

Reacting to a US senator’s comments during a meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Friday, Russia on Sunday claimed that US investments in Nazi Germany led to World War II and the Holocaust.

“Senator [Lindsey] Graham has something to compare with. One of their investments led to World War II and the Holocaust,” Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in a statement on Telegram.

Zakharova listed various US-based people, companies and banks, namely Henry Ford, General Motors, Kodak, Coca-Cola, Standard Oil, IBM and JPMorgan Chase & Co, claiming that they sponsored or assisted Nazi Germany during World War II.

Zakharova further said billions of US dollars are now being transferred to Ukraine, adding: “In this regard, I would like to remind the senators and all American beneficiaries how the previous adventure ended.”

And sad to say… He’s right. We funded Nazis then And we are funding Nazis now…
D4702C3A-2765-4E14-8D39-D7718D0B4EF9.jpeg
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't help but wonder what is the rest of the story.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:05 am https://www.aa.com.tr/en/politics/russi ... st/2907709#

Reacting to a US senator’s comments during a meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Friday, Russia on Sunday claimed that US investments in Nazi Germany led to World War II and the Holocaust.

“Senator [Lindsey] Graham has something to compare with. One of their investments led to World War II and the Holocaust,” Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in a statement on Telegram.

Zakharova listed various US-based people, companies and banks, namely Henry Ford, General Motors, Kodak, Coca-Cola, Standard Oil, IBM and JPMorgan Chase & Co, claiming that they sponsored or assisted Nazi Germany during World War II.

Zakharova further said billions of US dollars are now being transferred to Ukraine, adding: “In this regard, I would like to remind the senators and all American beneficiaries how the previous adventure ended.”

Claiming, claimed, claims... and an edited version of what graham said.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:31 am
Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:05 am https://www.aa.com.tr/en/politics/russi ... st/2907709#

Do you think the context of what he said was changed?

Or do you believe that he was saying funding this war; killing Russians; was some of the best money we’ve ever spent?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:38 am
Della wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:31 am

Or do you believe that he was saying funding this war; killing Russians; was some of the best money we’ve ever spent?
Have you heard the actual words said by Graham?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:00 am
Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:38 am
Della wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:31 am Claiming, claimed, claims... and an edited version of what graham said.

Have you heard the actual words said by Graham?
Hmm…

So he said funding the war was the best money we’ve ever spent, and said the Russians are dying in a different sentence…

Then BOTH the pro-Russia media picked it up and ran with it AND the pro-Ukraine media ran with it….🤔

“Meanwhile, multiple pro-Ukraine channels and outlets were quick to quote Graham in an effort to stoke patriotic sentiment and mock the "invaders."

"American Senator Lindsey Graham during his meeting with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky called the death of Russians a good way to spend U.S. money," NEXTA Telegram channel wrote on Friday.

"That's our guy," a pro-Ukraine”
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Propaganda again Bob? You should know better.......... aside from Della's link proving that the quote was mashed together from 2 different topics.....in regards to "Nazi's"......Nazi's are generally the ones invading OTHER countries.....not defending their country from invaders. I suggest you do your research on Germany's invasion of Poland and how they accused Poland of persecuting ethnic Germans as an excuse (much like Russia accused Ukraine of persecuting ethnic Russians in Donbas despite the International Court of Justice finding no evidence to support the claim). Not to mention I'm a little more concerned with the neo Nazi's in our own government in the current Republican party that are actively working to suppress voters, strip education, strip women's rights, strip access to healthcare, and forcefully impose their religious beliefs on the rest of the country.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

It isnt two different topics… it’s the same topic.

So when you see that picture of Azov Battalion members above, do you think that isn’t real and is just propaganda, or do you believe they just look like that but aren’t real Nazis, or do you just think eh, whatever I’m more concerned about us?
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:30 am Propaganda again Bob? You should know better.......... aside from Della's link proving that the quote was mashed together from 2 different topics.....in regards to "Nazi's"......Nazi's are generally the ones invading OTHER countries.....not defending their country from invaders. I suggest you do your research on Germany's invasion of Poland and how they accused Poland of persecuting ethnic Germans as an excuse (much like Russia accused Ukraine of persecuting ethnic Russians in Donbas despite the International Court of Justice finding no evidence to support the claim). Not to mention I'm a little more concerned with the neo Nazi's in our own government in the current Republican party that are actively working to suppress voters, strip education, strip women's rights, strip access to healthcare, and forcefully impose their religious beliefs on the rest of the country.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:45 am It isnt two different topics… it’s the same topic.

So when you see that picture of Azov Battalion members above, do you think that isn’t real and is just propaganda, or do you believe they just look like that but aren’t real Nazis, or do you just think eh, whatever I’m more concerned about us?
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:30 am Propaganda again Bob? You should know better.......... aside from Della's link proving that the quote was mashed together from 2 different topics.....in regards to "Nazi's"......Nazi's are generally the ones invading OTHER countries.....not defending their country from invaders. I suggest you do your research on Germany's invasion of Poland and how they accused Poland of persecuting ethnic Germans as an excuse (much like Russia accused Ukraine of persecuting ethnic Russians in Donbas despite the International Court of Justice finding no evidence to support the claim). Not to mention I'm a little more concerned with the neo Nazi's in our own government in the current Republican party that are actively working to suppress voters, strip education, strip women's rights, strip access to healthcare, and forcefully impose their religious beliefs on the rest of the country.
First of all we have no idea how old that photo is......it can be from 2015. Secondly there are Nazi's in nearly ALL militaries across the world. Shit look at our own. Though we may not have a dedicated branch that can be pointed at as "all Nazis" we certainly have our fair share in our military ranks. For example

Now if we search we find that this image is over 11 years old https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/ ... flag-photo, but that does not negate the fact that we have our own issues with Nazi's in OUR ranks and it's an ongoing issue https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/03/us/e ... enced.html
https://rollcall.com/2021/02/16/pentago ... -military/

So yes, I do happen to be more concerned with OUR own country at the moment as I F***ing live here. So forgive me if I'm not overly concerned with the Ukraine Nazi's who are busy fighting the Russian Nazi's that invaded Ukraine.

No point in complaining about the neighbor's backyard being covered in weeds and not being mowed when my yard is covered in weeds too, the grass is dead, and the mower is broke....KWIM? It's the whole Clean up your own shit before bitching about another's and trust me, the US has some shit to shovel and clean.
Locked Previous topicNext topic