The Russians are dying … Best money we’ve ever spent.”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So the invaders are the poor, innocent victims and the country being invaded and destroyed are the villains here?!?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:05 am
Zakharova listed various US-based people, companies and banks, namely Henry Ford[] claiming that they sponsored or assisted Nazi Germany during World War II.
Despite his industrial genius, though, Ford had a less attractive streak as well. He opposed U.S. entry in World War I, and later adopted the view that the war had been caused by an international plot by Jewish bankers. Conspiracy theories have always been a key component of anti-Semitism, and once one begins to believe one theory, they tend to believe more and more. Anti-Semitic slurs became common in Ford’s conversations, and in the early 1920s he owned a newspaper called the Dearborn Independent that he changed into a viciously anti-Semitic mouthpiece. He began personally distributing huge numbers of the infamous anti-Semitic tract The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. A few years later he was eventually forced to apologize to the country’s Jewish community after losing a libel suit, but it seems that his own views were unchanged. By the mid 1930s Ford was blaming “financiers and money lenders” for both the New Deal and the prospect of another world war. One of his many admirers was Hitler himself, and according to one account the Führer once indicated his desire to help “Heinrich Ford” become “the leader of the growing Fascist movement in America.”

As I mentioned, Ford’s views were not just a private matter—they influenced company policy too. Back in the 1920s, Ford and GE had been competing to buy the German carmaker Opel, which both saw as a great way to enter the German market. GE won the bid and bought Opel, and in return Ford opened an auto plant in the German city of Cologne. This proved to be a lucrative move, and by the start of the war Ford’s interests in Germany were estimated to be worth around $8.5 million.
https://www.thehistoryreader.com/histor ... nd-nazism/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:16 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:05 am
Zakharova listed various US-based people, companies and banks, namely Henry Ford[] claiming that they sponsored or assisted Nazi Germany during World War II.
Despite his industrial genius, though, Ford had a less attractive streak as well. He opposed U.S. entry in World War I, and later adopted the view that the war had been caused by an international plot by Jewish bankers. Conspiracy theories have always been a key component of anti-Semitism, and once one begins to believe one theory, they tend to believe more and more. Anti-Semitic slurs became common in Ford’s conversations, and in the early 1920s he owned a newspaper called the Dearborn Independent that he changed into a viciously anti-Semitic mouthpiece. He began personally distributing huge numbers of the infamous anti-Semitic tract The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. A few years later he was eventually forced to apologize to the country’s Jewish community after losing a libel suit, but it seems that his own views were unchanged. By the mid 1930s Ford was blaming “financiers and money lenders” for both the New Deal and the prospect of another world war. One of his many admirers was Hitler himself, and according to one account the Führer once indicated his desire to help “Heinrich Ford” become “the leader of the growing Fascist movement in America.”

As I mentioned, Ford’s views were not just a private matter—they influenced company policy too. Back in the 1920s, Ford and GE had been competing to buy the German carmaker Opel, which both saw as a great way to enter the German market. GE won the bid and bought Opel, and in return Ford opened an auto plant in the German city of Cologne. This proved to be a lucrative move, and by the start of the war Ford’s interests in Germany were estimated to be worth around $8.5 million.
https://www.thehistoryreader.com/histor ... nd-nazism/
Was Ford wrong with wanting the US to remain neutral?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Senator Graham isn’t my favorite but I thought that comment would be a dumb thing to say. It didn’t help my belief when it was a Russian making the accusation. As far as Nazis in the Ukraine army I’m sure there are. But Zelensky is a Jew. I also don’t trust Putin with being satisfied if he takes the area back. He might decide to push into other areas like dictators do. I think we need to cap the money we give the Ukraine but I have no problem supporting them either.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:18 pm Was Ford wrong with wanting the US to remain neutral?
Possibly not. But he was certainly wrong to distribute "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" and, given the role of anti-Semitism in Hitler's rise to power, if Zelensky mentioned Ford as having aided that, he wouldn't be incorrect. Which doesn't make Zelensky anti-American, not unworthy of receiving aid from the USA.

For one thing, sending ammunition to Ukraine that wasn't otherwise going to get used before it had to be scrapped, is an incredibly cost-efficient way of reducing the Russia's armed forces.
Locked Previous topicNext topic