When the cat's away, the mice will play

Anonymous 1

Unread post

At my job, we have a very unique office environment in that the flow of our workload is highly varied. We are project based and each project has a different dynamic. We don't all need to be in the office every day. So that it's easier for us all to be on the same page even when we have very different things going on, we have started putting our daily schedule on our shared calendar so that we know if someone is working from home, out sick, on vacation, at a meeting, etc. I noticed that the boss stopped doing it. I think it's because when *some* of the employees see that the boss is going to be out, they don't bother going into the office. And if they still meet their deadlines, it doesn't really matter. But everyone else is still required to put their full schedule on the shared calendar. This week, the boss is out. I checked the shared calendar and there's nothing there except my schedule. All week so far, it has just been myself and one other person. The other person's job is very paper-heavy so it makes sense for her to be here. But I am still waiting on a new project to come in. I literally have nothing that I NEED to be in the offie for. If you were my boss and you found out I was working from home all week while you were gone, would you be mad?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If you're asking if you think it's okay for you to work at home when you shouldn't be, but technically have nothing to do currently at work anyway, I guess that's really on you. Personally, I'm the kind of employee that does what they "should", but have never worked in a job situation like yours, so can't say for sure what I'd do. I'd probably drop him a note explaining the situation. If he was okay with me being home, I'd do it, and if he said no, then I'd be at work.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are you permitted to work from home? I can’t say if your boss would be mad or not without knowing if that’s a welcome options. Why not ask them when they get back if it’s something okay to do in the future when you don’t have a need to be in the office?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

if I was expecting you to be there then yes. Are you an actual adult?
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Is there a pay difference between remote working and being in the office with the latter being higher?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't risk it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Unless they updated the policy, if I was supposed to be at work, I would be at work, personally.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes because I’m required to keep office hours. I can be flexible but I’ve got to keep the place open to the public. If I’m not there when he isn’t I’d have to have a very good reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic