Allowing a trans friend to spend the night with my teenager....

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sleepovers are fine.
In the same bed is never a good idea, gay, straight, trans - I don't care. It's a hard no.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:08 am
PoplarGrove wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:23 am What is their objection about exactly? That the friend is male and they could be having S*x? Or that the friend is transgender? Or that two teenagers of any S*x or gender are sleeping in the same bed?

Personally, I don't have any problem with it. My kids have had friends of both genders and sexes sleep over. As long as I'm sure there isn't any sexual or romantic things going on I'm good. My kids are very open with me, though, and keep close, small groups of friends.
The fact that the friend is male.

They know the rules, no locking the door to the room (it can be closed) and no S*x.... witch I know they don't see each other that way.
You know until you really don't. Things happen and to say something never will is really dumb. You are the parent, the protector. You're not the friend.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

No I would not. At the end of the day he is a boy, with teenage hormones, a penis, and has access to a girl in a bed all night long. You are a fool. I wouldn't entertain any of this.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:23 am What is their objection about exactly? That the friend is male and they could be having S*x? Or that the friend is transgender? Or that two teenagers of any S*x or gender are sleeping in the same bed?

Personally, I don't have any problem with it. My kids have had friends of both genders and sexes sleep over. As long as I'm sure there isn't any sexual or romantic things going on I'm good. My kids are very open with me, though, and keep close, small groups of friends.

They know the rules, no locking the door to the room (it can be closed) and no S*x.... witch I know they don't see each other that way.
Oh, honey, no....How old are your kids? You sound incredibly naive....
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So do they know that this friend has a vagina?
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:23 am No I would not. At the end of the day he is a boy, with teenage hormones, a penis, and has access to a girl in a bed all night long. You are a fool. I wouldn't entertain any of this.
If he is transgender then he most likely still has a vagina at 17.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:58 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:23 am No I would not. At the end of the day he is a boy, with teenage hormones, a penis, and has access to a girl in a bed all night long. You are a fool. I wouldn't entertain any of this.
If he is transgender then he most likely still has a vagina at 17.
Oh. I'm confused as usual with this stuff. I assumed he was born a boy. Either way. I wouldn't entertain intimate sleepovers like that. Same bed, door shut. Just no.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My mom let my gay best friend (male) spend the night all the time and nothing ever happened.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:27 am I had never thought about putting the kids in the living room because I always had a two story with all bedrooms upstairs, until now. I do think that if you try to make that change now, though, you're going to get some push back and the friend might end up feeling targeted. I'm sure there are ways to overcome that, just gotta be creative. You'd have to make the living room more appealing than the bedroom.
Well in my case it's easier to make the living room/den more appealing because there are no TV's in the bedrooms and I enforce a strict "No food in the bedrooms" rule......thus for typical sleepover activities such as staying up late to watch TV and eat popcorn the living room or den are the most ideal places.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:14 pm
RIZZY wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:27 am I had never thought about putting the kids in the living room because I always had a two story with all bedrooms upstairs, until now. I do think that if you try to make that change now, though, you're going to get some push back and the friend might end up feeling targeted. I'm sure there are ways to overcome that, just gotta be creative. You'd have to make the living room more appealing than the bedroom.
Well in my case it's easier to make the living room/den more appealing because there are no TV's in the bedrooms and I enforce a strict "No food in the bedrooms" rule......thus for typical sleepover activities such as staying up late to watch TV and eat popcorn the living room or den are the most ideal places.
Yes, totally! We have the same rules but our living room is unappealing because we have beautiful but uncomfortable couches and our living room TV is old and too small for the space. I'm selling those couches and sprucing up the living room soon. Pretty excited about it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic