Calls To Boycott Kohl’s Grow After Promoting LGBTQ Merchandise For Infants

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oooh, the Love Always Wins pack is cute.
Ya know, I would definitely love to buy this for the baby.
But with the way people are F***ing crazy, I would be worried that someone would try something if I was out with him wearing this.
And then I’d end up on the news going mama bear on someone.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:49 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:46 pm I know I've said this before, but "woke" has really lost all meaning. Anything that's not straight white Christian is "woke".
+male.

I just came across this.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:56 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:49 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:46 pm I know I've said this before, but "woke" has really lost all meaning. Anything that's not straight white Christian is "woke".
+male.

I just came across this.

😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 They are picking on the animals’ stuff now.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I gotta say because it has been brought up here… why market these things for babies? And now apparently, for pets?
What we have to understand is that this is about being proud of who you are. Whatever beliefs I have about homosexuality or transgenderism, I can definitely understand that. And since they have been persecuted for so long, they should enjoy the fact that now they can talk about being proud and be open about it. I’m imagining here if I would buy a “proud to be Jewish” onesie or a doggie sweater with an Israeli flag. And yes, I would! It would be awesome. Just as with every World Cup I get my official Mexico team t-shirt 😁.
Everyone should be able to be proud of who they are, whether others find that good or not.
And I can also understand not wanting your children exposed to things you don’t agree with. But if you’re that extremist then keep your children isolated 🤷‍♀️. I’m an Orthodox Jew and not one to want to shut out from the world. So I’ve taken it upon myself to talk to my children about difficult topics when I thought they were ready to understand. By now, I’m proud to say they embrace our teachings, while respecting the diversity of the world. It can be done. So what are these crazy extremists so afraid of, it’s beyond me.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Kohl's is still around? I thought they went the way of Kmart YEARS ago........

Oh and as for the Petco Pride collection, the toy chew bones are actually really good quality and my heavy chewers/toy killers haven't broken them yet.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh! Now you got me! Kmart is gone? I’m in Mexico, so obviously I’m out of the loop. But now that you mention it, I haven’t seen any Kmart commercials in Hulu or my other American streaming services…. But I think I’ve seen some Kohl’s commercials here and there.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:41 pm Kohl's is still around? I thought they went the way of Kmart YEARS ago........

Oh and as for the Petco Pride collection, the toy chew bones are actually really good quality and my heavy chewers/toy killers haven't broken them yet.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

All these boycotts seem to be getting ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, people have the right to choose to spend their money how they wish. But it's Pride Month. Of course they are going to see pride merch everywhere they go. Are they going to boycott everyone because they bought into Pride Month?

I also wonder how much people are actually boycotting vs the media is just making it seem like everyone is. Because just a couple weeks ago I was on a local river boat cruise, in a local area that is typically quite red, and I saw people holding bottles of Bud Light on the boat. This weekend DH and I went away for the weekend and in the garbage can in the hotel pool area was the outer packaging of an 18pk of Bud Light. The internet would have you believe that everyone is boycotting Bud Light and that they'll be out of business soon, but in real life I'm still seeing people drinking it.

As for baby onesies, I've seen truly grotesque ones out there in the past that are much worse than some rainbows. But people are going to dress their baby how they want. So if you like the onesie buy it, if you don't like the onesie don't buy it. But either choice you make, shut up about it.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:46 pm Oh! Now you got me! Kmart is gone? I’m in Mexico, so obviously I’m out of the loop. But now that you mention it, I haven’t seen any Kmart commercials in Hulu or my other American streaming services…. But I think I’ve seen some Kohl’s commercials here and there.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:41 pm Kohl's is still around? I thought they went the way of Kmart YEARS ago........

They've ben dying for a number of years. Apparently there's still 8 left but only 3 are in the continental US.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:39 pm I gotta say because it has been brought up here… why market these things for babies? And now apparently, for pets?
Seeing as babies and pets don't have money to spend or concept of money, clearly these things are being made and marketed to the parents of babies and pet owners.....I thought that would have been obvious. That's kind of how marketing works. You market to the one with money to spend.....that said in many cases a portion of proceeds from the merchandise sales gets sent to the groups being marketed thus encouraging people to spend money in "support"....again, that's basic marketing.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Join the boycott or don't. Buy the merchandise or don't.

There are a lot of big things going on in the U.S. alone that I feel are more important than this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic