Is this abuse? Possible trigger warning

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My dad had fibromyalgia my whole life..it's what he had before there was an actual name for it. He used to tell me all of his health issues and his childhood abuse and also he would tell me that my mom did not "give it to him enough" (S*x) and he would also tell me details of how somehow he can't do much because of fibromyalgia, but he can always have S*x and feel great, but she just wouldn't do it enough. He would talk to me almost every single day about all of this stuff since I was at least 9.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm not sure about abuse, but it's extremely inappropriate.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I wouldn’t call it abuse unless he used you to make up for Mom. Inappropriate however, absolutely.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Definitely inappropriate. Quite possibly a form of emotional abuse. Parents should not be dumping their own emotional baggage on their kids, especially when it comes to their S*x life. And since it sounds like your dad told you this kind of stuff again and again over many years, I think that could qualify as emotional abuse. I'm no expert, I don't know the clinical definitions, but just under my opinion it could be abuse.

Do you feel like this has had an effect on you, even into your own adulthood? Have you ever talked to a counselor or therapist about it?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oversharing, yes. Abuse? No... jmo
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Gross but not abuse. Does this impact you now as an adult? I would definitely not like having those conversations rattling around in my head.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Highly inappropriate and hurtful for you and your parent's.

Abuse? Do you feel he abused you?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think abuse depends on the lasting effects it left. It seems to have left a negative effect and that you are uncomfortable about it. It’s abusive to expose children to sexual content and this could border that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic