Married women like alpha males, single women hate alpha males

Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Alpha males do not exist. They're just scared little men who want second mommies they can push around.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Describe an alpha male because every man I've known who called himself an alpha male was a mysogenistic asshole.

If by Alpha male you mean a man who is secure enough with who he is as a human being to cry when he needs to cry, look after children with love and affection, Be willing to pitch in around the house without being afraid he'll look like he's "whipped" and stands alongside women for equity (and recognizes the privilege being male carries in our society) then I'd say who wouldn't want to spend the rest of their life with someone like that?

And what the heck is an alpha female?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If I answered the question I'll just get called a homophobe so why bother.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:18 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:13 pm Just a generalization. I fail to see the association. If you ask me, it’s a stereotype that “should” make sense, but in reality, it doesn’t. Plenty of married women wouldn’t take any crap from their man. And plenty of single women submit themselves to their man.
It doesn’t mean the woman takes any crap from the man.
Alpha males link up with Alpha females.
If alpha males marry alpha females, and single women don't like alpha males, then the alpha males but be marrying already married alpha females. Or, perhaps your hypothesis is wrong.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Define alpha male please?

Also define "toxic masculinity" which seems to be a newer term?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My observation has been the opposite, that a lot of single women are all into the alpha male thing when they are dating, until they are married and left with a husband who demands praise every time he lifts a finger with the house or kids but demands to call all the shots for the household and can’t have an emotional conversation in a healthy way. I dated “alpha males” and I am so glad I met my husband, who is very strong, intelligent, charismatic, but also has no interest in having control over anyone, especially me and isn’t afraid of having interest in something deemed “feminine.”

But, no one group feels the same way so any “married women feel this way” statements are going to be false.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

I could only be with an alpha male… but I don’t know if it’s separated out by married/single…
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

How are they a myth?

They’re a product of nature found within all mammals who exhibit pronounced sexual dimorphism.
RIZZY wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:47 am "Alpha male" is a myth that has been debunked time and time again. What you're asking is whether women are more attracted to dominance and whether that preference is affected by their relationship status.

I admit, I'm cliche in some ways. I'm short but I prefer taller men. I also like beards, but only if they're well groomed. I like strong shoulders and the "v" shape on men. I also like deep voices. My husband is a bit on the lanky side but otherwise, he checks all those boxes. But he also does more than grunt when he's feeling uncomfortable emotions. He's comfortable showing a wider range of emotions than simply happiness or anger, most "alpha males" would not. He's dorky, he reads, he lets me do his skincare. Real masculinity, sexy masculinity, encompasses an entire human, not simply being big-strong-protector-angry-man-syndrome.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:55 am Define alpha male please?

Also define "toxic masculinity" which seems to be a newer term?
An alpha male means they’re the boss. They typically are CEO’s, business owners, military higher ups ect…
An alpha female means they’re the boss too… found in all the same places as the alpha male.

Toxic masculinity means a guy that tries to use asshole means to become the boss, but they’re not cut out for it because they lack the ability to lead without being despised.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:13 am Describe an alpha male because every man I've known who called himself an alpha male was a mysogenistic asshole.

If by Alpha male you mean a man who is secure enough with who he is as a human being to cry when he needs to cry, look after children with love and affection, Be willing to pitch in around the house without being afraid he'll look like he's "whipped" and stands alongside women for equity (and recognizes the privilege being male carries in our society) then I'd say who wouldn't want to spend the rest of their life with someone like that?

And what the heck is an alpha female?
Lol Alpha females are the ones that don’t need equity. They’re already equal because they place themselves there…they don’t need to be given handicaps by stronger men to achieve it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic