Violence. Should it be avoided at all costs, or a tool that is sometimes needed…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

What do you think of this video?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Yuck. Peterson seems to have tried to lean into the rhetoric of the 90s, "I'm socially liberal but fiscally conservative" mantra. No one is buying it, I hope.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:22 pm Yuck. Peterson seems to have tried to lean into the rhetoric of the 90s, "I'm socially liberal but fiscally conservative" mantra. No one is buying it, I hope.
Ok.

But if you read the script of this without putting thoughts into who said them… just judging the words alone… what do you think?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:29 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:22 pm Yuck. Peterson seems to have tried to lean into the rhetoric of the 90s, "I'm socially liberal but fiscally conservative" mantra. No one is buying it, I hope.
Ok.

But if you read the script of this without putting thoughts into who said them… just judging the words alone… what do you think?
Sorry, can't do it. I can't take a 54 second video clip from someone like Peterson and try to judge without bias.

I mean, this guy had some good points:

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:46 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:29 pm
Ok.

Sorry, can't do it. I can't take a 54 second video clip from someone like Peterson and try to judge without bias.

I mean, this guy had some good points:

Umm? No…
Hitler didn’t have a lot of good points.

But ok, nevermind then, I guess you can’t partake in the discussion without bias.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It’s not playing for me. What is the name? I’ll go look it up.

Edit: Wait, never mind. It just took awhile to load .
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:59 pm It’s not playing for me. What is the name? I’ll go look it up.
Google “ Jordan Peterson men should be dangerous” it’s a 54 second video
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:00 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:59 pm It’s not playing for me. What is the name? I’ll go look it up.
It came up. Idk anything about the dude who is talking but I can relate to what he is saying if I am understanding his point correctly. It’s good to be nice but you have to know how to shut your emotions off and fight when it comes to protecting yourself, family, etc.

If that is what he is saying, I don’t have a problem with it.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:17 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:00 pm
It came up. Idk anything about the dude who is talking but I can relate to what he is saying if I am understanding his point correctly. It’s good to be nice but you have to know how to shut your emotions off and fight when it comes to protecting yourself, family, etc.

If that is what he is saying, I don’t have a problem with it.
To me, I think he’s saying virtue is in control, not inability.

That some of the most virtuous are those who study martial arts, because while they are learning to be dangerous, they are learning control most of all and those two married make for a non-violent virtuous person.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Locked Previous topicNext topic