Violence. Should it be avoided at all costs, or a tool that is sometimes needed…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:41 pm
Are you literally trying to say that you are unable to judge six sentences for what they are without taking into account everything the person who said them has ever said?

There is not a single person alive who has never said something stupid…if you are actually unable to judge words by their merit, I’m sorry… but derailing the topic isn’t a way to actually debate the words being discussed…
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Is he apart of the manosphere crew? I have never heard of him before.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:52 pm
I’m not sure what the manosphere is, but he’s a psychoanalyst and gives a lot of university talks/ teaches university classes in Canada
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:58 pm
I’m not sure what the manosphere is, but he’s a psychoanalyst and gives a lot of university talks/ teaches university classes in Canada
I guess it is a community of men that some people call “toxic masculinity”.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:09 pm

I mean… I don’t think what he says is toxic from what I’ve seen. He does believe that there are typically differences in how men and women act from a psychoanalyst view, but often times he’s insulting the way the men act.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Yes. And he spews his rhetoric with pseudo-intellectual jargon to make people believe that he is somehow an authority. He is loved by incels and by extension, he loves them. He's really big into machismo which include intensionally misgendering including a quote along the lines of he'd "rather die that do" regarding using appropriate pronouns and women who wear make-up in the workplace are kinda asking for it. He's been on Ben Shapiro's show multiple times. I wouldn't have known shit about him except that he was taken off twitter and then returned under Musk and everything he posts is just "yuck".

Sorry, not sorry, that I won't read or listen to a few lines and discuss whether or not I agree with what he says. He's gross, all the way around, and giving him attention for even a few lines lends credence to all the other bullshit that he's said.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 pm

Yes. And he spews his rhetoric with pseudo-intellectual jargon to make people believe that he is somehow an authority. He is loved by incels and by extension, he loves them. He's really big into machismo which include intensionally misgendering including a quote along the lines of he'd "rather die that do" regarding using appropriate pronouns and women who wear make-up in the workplace are kinda asking for it. He's been on Ben Shapiro's show multiple times. I wouldn't have known shit about him except that he was taken off twitter and then returned under Musk and everything he posts is just "yuck".

Sorry, not sorry, that I won't read or listen to a few lines and discuss whether or not I agree with what he says. He's gross, all the way around, and giving him attention for even a few lines lends credence to all the other bullshit that he's said.
Lmao… trying to talk shit about someone while calling people “incels”…

The hypocrisy is palpable.

If you can’t find it within yourself to discuss the topic, don’t let the door hit ya…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:45 pm

If you can’t find it within yourself to discuss the topic, don’t let the door hit ya…
Actually, I forgot to put it into quotes as Jordan Peterson himself claimed to be loved by incels.

He's shit and I have no problem calling that out and don't see that as derailing the conversation. But if you do, fine. I'm out because I've said all I have to say. It's your post.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:54 pm

Actually, I forgot to put it into quotes as Jordan Peterson himself claimed to be loved by incels.

He's shit and I have no problem calling that out and don't see that as derailing the conversation. But if you do, fine. I'm out because I've said all I have to say. It's your post.
Regardless of what this guy said… it’s bullshit to call people incels.

Whether it’s you or him…it’s bullshit.

Whether it’s you or him saying Hitler had some good points, it’s bullshit…he didn’t.

I am capable of discussing an idea… if you’re not, so be it.

If you don’t want to talk about the post topic… don’t. No one is requiring it of you… but you respond A LOT to posts you don’t seem to want to be in…you should feel no pressure to respond to the post.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:58 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:54 pm

Regardless of what this guy said… it’s bullshit to call people incels.

Whether it’s you or him…it’s bullshit.

Whether it’s you or him saying Hitler had some good points, it’s bullshit…he didn’t.

I am capable of discussing an idea… if you’re not, so be it.

If you don’t want to talk about the post topic… don’t. No one is requiring it of you… but you respond A LOT to posts you don’t seem to want to be in…you should feel no pressure to respond to the post.
Meh🤷‍♀️
Locked Previous topicNext topic