My ex is mad that my son got his mullet permed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My son cut his hair to a mullet after graduation. This past weekend he decided to get it permed. I personally don't like either look BUT he is almost 18 and he is moving out and across the country in 2 and a half months. He had been wanting it done for awhile but I made him promise me that there would be no massive changes before graduation so there would be no permed mullet for his professional graduation pictures.

My ex sent me some rude messages saying that I should have told him no and not taken him to any hair stylist. I told him I didn't take him that he did it all himself and while I don't like the look it is just hair. It is stupid at this point to try to regulate what his hair is going to be like. I am sure he will get tired of it eventually and shave it all off, he usually shaves everything clean by the end of summer anyway. I could understand more if he was 5 years old or something and it was more my choice than anything.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

He’s almost an adult… Dad can’t control his hair anymore.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tell dad to STFU and deal. Kid is old enough to decide his hair style.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Tell Dad to take it up with your almost adult son.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:58 pm Tell Dad to take it up with your almost adult son.
Exactly what I was about to say.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Omg a perm grows out in four months anyways. Least he didn’t get a facial tattoo. Pick your battles
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Are mullets back in style?

Your son has the right to choose his own hairstyle. Your ex needs to grow up and stop being a controlling ass.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:44 pm Are mullets back in style?

My sophmore-going-on-junior has one - not permed - and he looks like a pop star.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:01 pm

My sophmore-going-on-junior has one - not permed - and he looks like a pop star.
Since I only have adult children now, I'm totally out of the loop on what's the latest hair and fashion trends for teens.

All former styles come back around to become trendy again a time or two...or more.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:07 pm
SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:01 pm

Since I only have adult children now, I'm totally out of the loop on what's the latest hair and fashion trends for teens.

All former styles come back around to become trendy again a time or two...or more.
I saw some kid with a mullet-like thing going on as I was leaving a store tonight. Rattails are back, too. I thought they looked bad in the 80s, and quite frankly they still look bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic