So many people don't believe me when I say I have custody of my ex boyfriend's kids

Anonymous 1

Unread post

And it is frustrating to have to explain over and over and over and over again.

My ex and I had a bad break up and he acted like a fool. The kids were in the custody of CPS before I was able to get them back home and fight for custody. I have had full custody for 5 years now. They are my kids and I love it but so many people make it seem like it is impossible to get custody of kids if you are not biologically their parent. Anyone can fight for custody of kids, it doesn't matter if you share blood or not. A good judge will always rule in the best interest of the kids

I'm just venting, I almost never use anon but today I ñeedee to vrn
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's possible. Usually CPS wants family first, but it's not unheard of to not go to family and go with someone they've established a relationship with.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It does happen. Know someone who is raising an ex's kid, and has full custody.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, of course it’s possible. But I wouldn’t be so hard on the people questioning, since it’s probably rare. You should’ve been aware of that and not get that frustrated from people asking.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Have a little patience. Your situation isn't exactly common.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have custody of an ex friends 3 kids
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:26 pm And it is frustrating to have to explain over and over and over and over again.

My ex and I had a bad break up and he acted like a fool. The kids were in the custody of CPS before I was able to get them back home and fight for custody. I have had full custody for 5 years now. They are my kids and I love it but so many people make it seem like it is impossible to get custody of kids if you are not biologically their parent. Anyone can fight for custody of kids, it doesn't matter if you share blood or not. A good judge will always rule in the best interest of the kids

What kind of home life were you and the boyfriend providing that CPS stepped in and removed the children?
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They're usually just curious or are just making conversation. Our situation is relatively common (step/blended family) but we get a lot of questions and confused looks when I explain who is who. The two middle kids are my oldest and my husband's youngest. They love the shock value when their peers at school find out they are siblings and live together. They often fib and say they have the same mom but different dads. I personally love when people tell me my step kids look like me. We look radically different, people are just making conversation and trying to be interested and polite.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:19 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:26 pm And it is frustrating to have to explain over and over and over and over again.

What kind of home life were you and the boyfriend providing that CPS stepped in and removed the children?
It doesn't sound to me like the kids lived with the OP at the time they went into CPS custody.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:59 pm Well, of course it’s possible. But I wouldn’t be so hard on the people questioning, since it’s probably rare. You should’ve been aware of that and not get that frustrated from people asking.
I totally understand asking questions. Answering questions doesn't bother me. It's when people continue to argue with me and tell me I am wrong or lying that is the issue. It happens a lot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic