J.D. Vance says Target ‘decided to wage war’ on customers with Pride Month collection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:47 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:56 pm
Francee89 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:59 am It’s “waging war” when a company offers products that some customers will want to buy, and others have the option to not buy? How self centered does someone have to be to feel personally attacked by marketing or products that aren’t 100% catered to them?
Let me preface before I ask a question that as I stated in my first reply in this thread, no one is required to buy these products at Target and apparently now at Kohl's. People can easily....should easily....simply walk by these Pride displays and merchandise, leaving it be for those who are interested in it

That said, what about those who wear MAGA hats and All Lives Matter t-shirts? Should they be left alone IYO as well?
Personally, I make a point to "leave alone" anyone wearing those items. If they are strangers I give them a wide berth and assume we don't see eye-to-eye on politics, since they are announcing their position with the slogans. Likewise if I see those items in a store window display I usually go to another area or shop elsewhere since that is not what I am seeking.

But I do not throw those items on the ground, or video myself insulting or threatening the sales staff, or accuse them of corrupting children with their message.

Also - every major retailer where I live carries some type of Pride items, including Walmart, Michaels, Kohls, Macy's, Joannes, Boscov's, etc. Does anyone know why Target has been singled out? Or is it just very easy to video your outrage in those stores?
I don't have answers for why, at the moment, Target is being...well...targeted.

I also don't agree with the actions people have taken to demonstrate how they feel about Target selling Pride merchandise.

Essentially, I don't agree with tantrum throwing from anyone on any topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:02 pm It's been said and videos inside of Target made/posted that some of the Pride apparel has also been on infant and toddler clothing and honestly, I have to wonder why?

If this is true, obviously parents can choose or not choose to buy the items.

However, I do wonder what the point would be for this to be on the clothing of babies?
Because some people take their babies and children to gay pride events. Those are the people that merchandise is marketed to.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So if they sold a t-shirt saying “Two genders”, would you say people objecting to that are self centered? They should just pass along and let those who want to buy it to do it, right?
Francee89 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:02 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:11 pm Well, if the tables were turned, I wouldn’t say that the members of the LGBQT community objecting to the sale of merchandise that offends them are self centered.
Francee89 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:59 am It’s “waging war” when a company offers products that some customers will want to buy, and others have the option to not buy? How self centered does someone have to be to feel personally attacked by marketing or products that aren’t 100% catered to them?
People who are non-Christian and of no religious affiliations live with wall to wall Christmas and Easter decor being sold by Target and other big box stores every year. If a group of say, Hindus, were to suddenly say “hey, I and other people don’t celebrate those holidays, so you shouldn’t be selling merchandise for them to anyone”, would you consider that self-centered?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:30 pm Should also note that some of the mouth breathers are claiming garments labeled "tuck friendly" are for children when it's been shown that they're lying. One of the items they were claiming were for kids was an adult swim suit piece.

Rainbow children's shirts or words in rainbow colors saying be proud or be kind or whatever are not harmful in any shape or form. The ones making these videos and acting outraged are going into the infant and toddler area, where the genders are often mixed, showing people pastel colored shit or pink shit claiming it's for boys and it's wrong, blah blah blah...they're toddlers, it doesn't matter. Just stupid manufactured outrage meant to rile up fellow knuckle draggers.

Target caving to their bullshit is wrong. If I were an employee there and I saw some dumb f**k old dude or some karen looking bitch destroying a display, I would be contacting security and the police, charging them with destruction, fining them for the destruction, making them pay for every article of clothing that hit the floor and trespassing their ass for life. I would prob work to have them barred from any and all Target stores in the country.
Depends on what age you consider a child and the “child’s” build and figure. As young as 12 or so they could be in juniors or small ladies clothing or swimsuits. Aren’t some also saying by that age they can put on puberty blockers or hormones meaning a transgender male to female would want tuck friendly suits?

Some parents aren’t ready or wanting to have that conversation or explanation in the front of the store.

Unless you’re the manager you wouldn’t be doing much more than contacting security, if they are there, or the manager for them to handle things.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Here’s a novel idea: if you don’t like something, don’t buy it. There’s a ton of misinformation around the pride section at Target this year. The clowns angry about this and saying they’ll go to walmart instead don’t realize walmart and most corporations have Pride items. Good luck finding somewhere to shop that isn’t “woke”
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:00 pm So if they sold a t-shirt saying “Two genders”, would you say people objecting to that are self centered? They should just pass along and let those who want to buy it to do it, right?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:11 pm Well, if the tables were turned, I wouldn’t say that the members of the LGBQT community objecting to the sale of merchandise that offends them are self centered.

People who are non-Christian and of no religious affiliations live with wall to wall Christmas and Easter decor being sold by Target and other big box stores every year. If a group of say, Hindus, were to suddenly say “hey, I and other people don’t celebrate those holidays, so you shouldn’t be selling merchandise for them to anyone”, would you consider that self-centered?
Would non-Christians demanding that stores stop selling Christmas and Easter merchandise because they don’t celebrate Christmas and Easter be self-centered, in your opinion?

I don’t think Target would ever sell a shirt that said “Two Genders”, as it would go against their stated corporate inclusivity policy, where they identify themselves as LGBT allies: https://corporate.target.com/sustainabi ... ts/lgbtqia.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:08 pm
Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:30 pm Should also note that some of the mouth breathers are claiming garments labeled "tuck friendly" are for children when it's been shown that they're lying. One of the items they were claiming were for kids was an adult swim suit piece.

Rainbow children's shirts or words in rainbow colors saying be proud or be kind or whatever are not harmful in any shape or form. The ones making these videos and acting outraged are going into the infant and toddler area, where the genders are often mixed, showing people pastel colored shit or pink shit claiming it's for boys and it's wrong, blah blah blah...they're toddlers, it doesn't matter. Just stupid manufactured outrage meant to rile up fellow knuckle draggers.

Target caving to their bullshit is wrong. If I were an employee there and I saw some dumb f**k old dude or some karen looking bitch destroying a display, I would be contacting security and the police, charging them with destruction, fining them for the destruction, making them pay for every article of clothing that hit the floor and trespassing their ass for life. I would prob work to have them barred from any and all Target stores in the country.
Depends on what age you consider a child and the “child’s” build and figure. As young as 12 or so they could be in juniors or small ladies clothing or swimsuits. Aren’t some also saying by that age they can put on puberty blockers or hormones meaning a transgender male to female would want tuck friendly suits?

Some parents aren’t ready or wanting to have that conversation or explanation in the front of the store.

Unless you’re the manager you wouldn’t be doing much more than contacting security, if they are there, or the manager for them to handle things.
A 12 or 13 yr old being able to fit into them doesn't change the fact that they're adult clothing. If a trans child is at an age where they could wear it, fine. Still doesn't change the fact that it is technically an adult garment.

Whether or not a parent is ready to have such a discussion is moot. If this isn't something one wants their children exposed to then I guess the parent can leave them home. Don't bring them out ever. But the parent sure as hell doesn't have a right to demand stores cater specifically to their idiocy because they're scared of questions or think their kids might catch the gay or trans.

I haven't worked retail in decades, LOL. I'm also at the age where I don't give a shit anymore and if I ever find myself working retail again and saw some of the idiocy these mouth breathers are doing to store displays, better believe I will make sure they're blackballed for life and paying out the nose in restitution.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ok, fine. Make it hypothetical. The question is, if whatever company sold “two gender” t-shorts, would you think that any backlash against them was “self centered”.
Disclaimer: I don’t agree that harassment and destruction of property should be tolerated under ANY reason. That was definitely wrong. But if you claim that they’re self centered because they disagree with the promotion of the idea of gay pride and don’t want it out in the open, then people who think that promoting the idea that there’s only 2 genders and homosexuality is wrong should be equally considered self centered and should just let it be and ignore it. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander and if you think that only those you agree with have a right to object and those you disagree with should just suck it up, that’s hypocritical.

Did you support Disney destroying Splash Mountain? Or did you think that those who found it racist could just walk on by and get on another ride?
How about all those monuments and memorials that have been torn down? We’re you OK with it or should people should’ve just passed by them without caring?
Francee89 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:42 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:00 pm So if they sold a t-shirt saying “Two genders”, would you say people objecting to that are self centered? They should just pass along and let those who want to buy it to do it, right?

Would non-Christians demanding that stores stop selling Christmas and Easter merchandise because they don’t celebrate Christmas and Easter be self-centered, in your opinion?

I don’t think Target would ever sell a shirt that said “Two Genders”, as it would go against their stated corporate inclusivity policy, where they identify themselves as LGBT allies: https://corporate.target.com/sustainabi ... ts/lgbtqia.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, and then there are things like this…

https://newstalkkzrg.com/2022/12/07/a- ... f-lawsuit/

Shouldn’t they just walk by that nativity scene and let it be!?! So yeah, non-Christians are also looking into canceling Christian displays too. It goes both ways.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:37 pm Well, and then there are things like this…

https://newstalkkzrg.com/2022/12/07/a- ... f-lawsuit/

Shouldn’t they just walk by that nativity scene and let it be!?! So yeah, non-Christians are also looking into canceling Christian displays too. It goes both ways.

That’s a dispute over religious displays on public property. No one is (or could) cancel Christian displays on private property. And in this case, it was allowed to stay up with a permit, provided other groups were also allowed to put up their own displays with permits too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic