J.D. Vance says Target ‘decided to wage war’ on customers with Pride Month collection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:37 pm Well, and then there are things like this…

https://newstalkkzrg.com/2022/12/07/a- ... f-lawsuit/

Shouldn’t they just walk by that nativity scene and let it be!?! So yeah, non-Christians are also looking into canceling Christian displays too. It goes both ways.
Francee89 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:42 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:00 pm So if they sold a t-shirt saying “Two genders”, would you say people objecting to that are self centered? They should just pass along and let those who want to buy it to do it, right?

Would non-Christians demanding that stores stop selling Christmas and Easter merchandise because they don’t celebrate Christmas and Easter be self-centered, in your opinion?

I don’t think Target would ever sell a shirt that said “Two Genders”, as it would go against their stated corporate inclusivity policy, where they identify themselves as LGBT allies: https://corporate.target.com/sustainabi ... ts/lgbtqia.
Didn't we have a thread about that here and it was discovered that the issue was the group was refusing to pay for the permit to have their display...and that what was leading to the dispute which was misrepresented.

viewtopic.php?t=39824

Here it is....yup the group had refused to pay the $25 permit fee for their display.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:36 pm Violence works.

As much as we don’t like that … it does. These assholes got their way because they became scary and violent.

Maybe if someone smashes them in the face next time they buck up, they’ll think twice next time about acting up in public…
It works but only temporarily. You have to constantly up the ante. Violence brings temporary change.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:47 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:56 pm
Francee89 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:59 am It’s “waging war” when a company offers products that some customers will want to buy, and others have the option to not buy? How self centered does someone have to be to feel personally attacked by marketing or products that aren’t 100% catered to them?
Let me preface before I ask a question that as I stated in my first reply in this thread, no one is required to buy these products at Target and apparently now at Kohl's. People can easily....should easily....simply walk by these Pride displays and merchandise, leaving it be for those who are interested in it

That said, what about those who wear MAGA hats and All Lives Matter t-shirts? Should they be left alone IYO as well?
Personally, I make a point to "leave alone" anyone wearing those items. If they are strangers I give them a wide berth and assume we don't see eye-to-eye on politics, since they are announcing their position with the slogans. Likewise if I see those items in a store window display I usually go to another area or shop elsewhere since that is not what I am seeking.

But I do not throw those items on the ground, or video myself insulting or threatening the sales staff, or accuse them of corrupting children with their message.

Also - every major retailer where I live carries some type of Pride items, including Walmart, Michaels, Kohls, Macy's, Joannes, Boscov's, etc. Does anyone know why Target has been singled out? Or is it just very easy to video your outrage in those stores?
I'm curious about that, too. But I do remember some time in the early 2000s, Target had a huge marketing campaign declaring themselves allies. I seem to remember a declaration that they welcome gay and trans employees and any customer can use the bathroom of the gender they identify with. I seem to remember Target being one of the first major retail stores to make that kind of declaration. So, maybe it's just because they were one of the first and most outspoken chains.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:16 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:56 pm

Let me preface before I ask a question that as I stated in my first reply in this thread, no one is required to buy these products at Target and apparently now at Kohl's. People can easily....should easily....simply walk by these Pride displays and merchandise, leaving it be for those who are interested in it

That said, what about those who wear MAGA hats and All Lives Matter t-shirts? Should they be left alone IYO as well?
Personally, I make a point to "leave alone" anyone wearing those items. If they are strangers I give them a wide berth and assume we don't see eye-to-eye on politics, since they are announcing their position with the slogans. Likewise if I see those items in a store window display I usually go to another area or shop elsewhere since that is not what I am seeking.

But I do not throw those items on the ground, or video myself insulting or threatening the sales staff, or accuse them of corrupting children with their message.

Also - every major retailer where I live carries some type of Pride items, including Walmart, Michaels, Kohls, Macy's, Joannes, Boscov's, etc. Does anyone know why Target has been singled out? Or is it just very easy to video your outrage in those stores?
I'm curious about that, too. But I do remember some time in the early 2000s, Target had a huge marketing campaign declaring themselves allies. I seem to remember a declaration that they welcome gay and trans employees and any customer can use the bathroom of the gender they identify with. I seem to remember Target being one of the first major retail stores to make that kind of declaration. So, maybe it's just because they were one of the first and most outspoken chains.
Target has been an ally long before or became popular from my understanding. Somebody had a fit on social media about some of the clothes and it went viral.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:59 pm

Target has been an ally long before or became popular from my understanding. Somebody had a fit on social media about some of the clothes and it went viral.
They should have a fit about the women's section. God awful, ugly ass little house on the prairie clothes.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:48 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:59 pm

They should have a fit about the women's section. God awful, ugly ass little house on the prairie clothes.

Lol! I have gotten beach stuff from there but never paid attention to the rest of the clothes. Lol!!!

She should have kept her fit off the internet and national news needs to quit reporting on every little thing that goes viral on social media. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I doubt anyone would have said anything had that not happened.
Locked Previous topicNext topic