J.D. Vance says Target ‘decided to wage war’ on customers with Pride Month collection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

But, the bomb threats were not from LGBTQ supporters. It was a hoax. So, what is the *actual* extremism from LGBTQ supporters that you consider "getting bigger and bigger"?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:27 am Even before it was determined to be a hoax, the bomb threats were thought to be from LGBTQ supporters.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 262837007/

“Target is full of cowards who turned their back on the LGBT community and decided to cater to the homophobic right wing redneck bigots who protested and vandalized their store," the emailed threat read in part, Cleveland 19 News reported.”

As SouthernIslander said, this is a pissing contest between 2 extremes and they just keep making it bigger and bigger.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:02 pm But, the bomb threats were not from LGBTQ supporters. It was a hoax. So, what is the *actual* extremism from LGBTQ supporters that you consider "getting bigger and bigger"?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:27 am Even before it was determined to be a hoax, the bomb threats were thought to be from LGBTQ supporters.

“Target is full of cowards who turned their back on the LGBT community and decided to cater to the homophobic right wing redneck bigots who protested and vandalized their store," the emailed threat read in part, Cleveland 19 News reported.”

As SouthernIslander said, this is a pissing contest between 2 extremes and they just keep making it bigger and bigger.
I know you didn’t ask me but Mom is responding to something I said.

It’s the culture war that keeps getting worse and it’s not LGBT supporters. It’s the far left and right hijacking everyone’s causes to fight over their extreme views.

Same thing happened with Floyd and police reform. It was a just bunch of fighting/ political grandstanding and we still aren’t even close to a solution.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Should also note that some of the mouth breathers are claiming garments labeled "tuck friendly" are for children when it's been shown that they're lying. One of the items they were claiming were for kids was an adult swim suit piece.

Rainbow children's shirts or words in rainbow colors saying be proud or be kind or whatever are not harmful in any shape or form. The ones making these videos and acting outraged are going into the infant and toddler area, where the genders are often mixed, showing people pastel colored shit or pink shit claiming it's for boys and it's wrong, blah blah blah...they're toddlers, it doesn't matter. Just stupid manufactured outrage meant to rile up fellow knuckle draggers.

Target caving to their bullshit is wrong. If I were an employee there and I saw some dumb f**k old dude or some karen looking bitch destroying a display, I would be contacting security and the police, charging them with destruction, fining them for the destruction, making them pay for every article of clothing that hit the floor and trespassing their ass for life. I would prob work to have them barred from any and all Target stores in the country.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You don’t know that. The threat wasn’t real, but it doesn’t mean that the hoax didn’t come from a LGBTQ supporter that leans to a very far left. Not all LGBTQ supporters are like that.
The original comment my reply was to was in reply of another comment that said: “Target has had multiple bomb threats, confrontations in the stores and destruction of merchandise”, as if those 3 were the actions of the same side- the far right. The bomb threats were in response to Target moving the line, not Target selling the line, so obviously, whether the person intended to do it or not, that escalating action came from an extreme left individual.
Sorry, but no extreme side is innocent in this war. BOTH keep trying to silence, vilify, censor, boycott and cancel the other. If you can’t see that, then you’re part of the problem by only seeing one side doing it.
SallyMae wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:02 pm But, the bomb threats were not from LGBTQ supporters. It was a hoax. So, what is the *actual* extremism from LGBTQ supporters that you consider "getting bigger and bigger"?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:59 am It’s “waging war” when a company offers products that some customers will want to buy, and others have the option to not buy? How self centered does someone have to be to feel personally attacked by marketing or products that aren’t 100% catered to them?
Let me preface before I ask a question that as I stated in my first reply in this thread, no one is required to buy these products at Target and apparently now at Kohl's. People can easily....should easily....simply walk by these Pride displays and merchandise, leaving it be for those who are interested in it

That said, what about those who wear MAGA hats and All Lives Matter t-shirts? Should they be left alone IYO as well?
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Not sure what qualifies as "extremism" to you but this following story might be an example. If you're not aware of who Jeffrey Marsh is, there are videos on YouTube, IG, and TikTok showing him talking to children directly....

"Jeffrey Marsh is wrong: Trans rights, parent concerns both matter | Gender Equity | Al Jazeera" https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/opinions/ ... be-bullied

The reactions of his fan base in allegedly doxing and harassing this woman personally, I feel, qualifies as extremism.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, if the tables were turned, I wouldn’t say that the members of the LGBQT community objecting to the sale of merchandise that offends them are self centered.
Francee89 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:59 am It’s “waging war” when a company offers products that some customers will want to buy, and others have the option to not buy? How self centered does someone have to be to feel personally attacked by marketing or products that aren’t 100% catered to them?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:56 pm
Let me preface before I ask a question that as I stated in my first reply in this thread, no one is required to buy these products at Target and apparently now at Kohl's. People can easily....should easily....simply walk by these Pride displays and merchandise, leaving it be for those who are interested in it

That said, what about those who wear MAGA hats and All Lives Matter t-shirts? Should they be left alone IYO as well?
Yes, I don’t think anyone who wears political clothing of any kind should be assaulted, harassed, etc.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:56 pm

Personally, I make a point to "leave alone" anyone wearing those items. If they are strangers I give them a wide berth and assume we don't see eye-to-eye on politics, since they are announcing their position with the slogans. Likewise if I see those items in a store window display I usually go to another area or shop elsewhere since that is not what I am seeking.

But I do not throw those items on the ground, or video myself insulting or threatening the sales staff, or accuse them of corrupting children with their message.

Also - every major retailer where I live carries some type of Pride items, including Walmart, Michaels, Kohls, Macy's, Joannes, Boscov's, etc. Does anyone know why Target has been singled out? Or is it just very easy to video your outrage in those stores?
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:11 pm Well, if the tables were turned, I wouldn’t say that the members of the LGBQT community objecting to the sale of merchandise that offends them are self centered.
People who are non-Christian and of no religious affiliations live with wall to wall Christmas and Easter decor being sold by Target and other big box stores every year. If a group of say, Hindus, were to suddenly say “hey, I and other people don’t celebrate those holidays, so you shouldn’t be selling merchandise for them to anyone”, would you consider that self-centered?
Locked Previous topicNext topic