J.D. Vance says Target ‘decided to wage war’ on customers with Pride Month collection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Target announced this week that it would be removing certain items from stores and that it had moved Pride merchandise to the back of some Southern stores, after customers knocked down Pride displays, angrily confronted workers and posted threatening videos on social media, according to The Associated Press."

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/402 ... ollection/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So awful. Target has said that they aren’t pulling them because they agree with any of this, but because they are worried about their employees safety. So now this group gets the idea that their bigoted videos and threats work. But some on here are going to go on about how they aren’t homophobes and we need to “respect other’s preferences.”
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

I don't shop at Target. Just unimpressed with their merchandise in general, particularly womens clothing.

The behavior of the customers is appalling and I can't figure out why they cannot simply walk by, ignoring the Pride items?

Target is said to have lost quite a bit of money on the Stock Market this week, too, because of this controversy.

Don't like a store's merchandise, don't shop there. Pretty simple.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m going to Target later today. I wonder if they moved their pride merchandise at my store.
It’s a F***ing shame that these hate filled groups cause so much issues that corporations are worried about their employees safety.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Threats to LGBTQ+ creator got so bad after Target partnership, he’s relieved they’re off shelves

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/27/business ... index.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Funny how Target and other companies have been promoting Pride for years now and the mouth breathers are only now noticing and having a problem with it. Just reactionary performative outrage.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It is despicable that an elected official would add ammunition to a conflict that endangers retail workers and shoppers. Target has had multiple bomb threats, confrontations in the stores and destruction of merchandise. For DJ Vance to speak against them using violent rhetoric is extremely reckless.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I don’t have a problem with the clothes but unfortunately ……I can’t tell consumers how to spend their money and companies will always make decisions that is best for their business.

In general, I don’t know what people expected to come out of this after spending years trying to force people into submission by shaming and canceling people. That was only gonna last for so long before enough consumers got tired of it and the pandering is no longer profitable for business.

I hate to see genuine businesses and minority groups unfairly caught in the middle of this but I don’t think this is gonna get better until people learn how to disagree and compromise in a more productive manner.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:23 pm I don’t have a problem with the clothes but unfortunately ……I can’t tell consumers how to spend their money and companies will always make decisions that is best for their business.

In general, I don’t know what people expected to come out of this after spending years trying to force people into submission by shaming and canceling people. That was only gonna last for so long before enough consumers got tired of it and the pandering is no longer profitable for business.

I hate to see genuine businesses and minority groups unfairly caught in the middle of this but I don’t think this is gonna get better until people learn how to disagree and compromise in a more productive manner.
Not sure I follow what you are saying. Who was "forced into submission" in this situation? What is there to "compromise" on in this situation?

No one is forced to shop at Target, no one is forced to purchase or wear these clothes. Target is a retail corporation choosing to stock inventory they think will attract and serve their consumers. If they get that wrong, the sales numbers will drop and they can realign their products.

How does any of that justify people making bomb threats, destroying merchandise or yelling at the employees for political theater? Why don't the folks who don't want to see clothing they don't approve of just shop elsewhere? That is what most people did when Victoria's Secret would have suggestive displays at the mall, or Spenser's Gifts had drug-themed tee shirts. Just take your business elsewhere.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:36 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:23 pm I don’t have a problem with the clothes but unfortunately ……I can’t tell consumers how to spend their money and companies will always make decisions that is best for their business.

Not sure I follow what you are saying. Who was "forced into submission" in this situation? What is there to "compromise" on in this situation?

No one is forced to shop at Target, no one is forced to purchase or wear these clothes. Target is a retail corporation choosing to stock inventory they think will attract and serve their consumers. If they get that wrong, the sales numbers will drop and they can realign their products.

How does any of that justify people making bomb threats, destroying merchandise or yelling at the employees for political theater? Why don't the folks who don't want to see clothing they don't approve of just shop elsewhere? That is what most people did when Victoria's Secret would have suggestive displays at the mall, or Spenser's Gifts had drug-themed tee shirts. Just take your business elsewhere.
I said “in general” because this is one aspect of a much larger problem that keeps getting worse. Not just this particular situation or Target nor did I say it justifies anything.

Hope you follow now.

Edit: I was leaving a ball game so I didn’t clearly clarify.

I’m basically saying that LGBT and Target is just one of many casualties in this culture war because the far left and the right absolutely refuse to let the pissing match go, no matter how much damage it is doing or how many people are sick of it.

That was the point of my comment and I hope that makes more sense.
Locked Previous topicNext topic