J.D. Vance says Target ‘decided to wage war’ on customers with Pride Month collection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Della wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:02 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:02 pm It's been said and videos inside of Target made/posted that some of the Pride apparel has also been on infant and toddler clothing and honestly, I have to wonder why?

If this is true, obviously parents can choose or not choose to buy the items.

However, I do wonder what the point would be for this to be on the clothing of babies?
Other kind of printing is written on my youngest grands clothes. Like I love my mommy, daddy's girl, etc. Is there a difference?
I wouldn't think so, no.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:00 pm It is despicable that an elected official would add ammunition to a conflict that endangers retail workers and shoppers. Target has had multiple bomb threats, confrontations in the stores and destruction of merchandise. For DJ Vance to speak against them using violent rhetoric is extremely reckless.
Those bomb threats didn't come from who you think they came from.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:54 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:00 pm It is despicable that an elected official would add ammunition to a conflict that endangers retail workers and shoppers. Target has had multiple bomb threats, confrontations in the stores and destruction of merchandise. For DJ Vance to speak against them using violent rhetoric is extremely reckless.
https://www.wfmj.com/story/48982547/boa ... get-a-hoax

SMFH

That’s crazy.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:30 pm
SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:20 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:02 pm It's been said and videos inside of Target made/posted that some of the Pride apparel has also been on infant and toddler clothing and honestly, I have to wonder why?

If this is true, obviously parents can choose or not choose to buy the items.

However, I do wonder what the point would be for this to be on the clothing of babies?
It's cute.
Infant and toddler clothing is indeed very cute

But who is the ideology for? The words on the clothing, IOW? Words that will have spit-up on them, throw-up, vitamin drops and food stains?

Infants and toddlers don't care what's on their clothing. We buy the cute stuff for US...for our children and grandchildren.
A onesie that says ‘Bien proud’ or ‘Be Kind’ in rainbow colors is a problem…but I’ve seen onesies that say “Don’t worry ladies I’m single” around since my oldest was a baby. Where’s the backlash for that??
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:12 pm
SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:20 pm

It's cute.

But who is the ideology for? The words on the clothing, IOW? Words that will have spit-up on them, throw-up, vitamin drops and food stains?

Infants and toddlers don't care what's on their clothing. We buy the cute stuff for US...for our children and grandchildren.
A onesie that says ‘Bien proud’ or ‘Be Kind’ in rainbow colors is a problem…but I’ve seen onesies that say “Don’t worry ladies I’m single” around since my oldest was a baby. Where’s the backlash for that??
Backlash from whom? If you mean in general, I don't know.

If you're implying me, I haven't given any backlash. I asked questions.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Love The Chicks......saw them live last summer...it was an amazing concert.
WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:09 pm "It's a sad, sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Sayin' that I better
Shut up and sing or my life will be over"

Cancel culture more than a decade ago. Still not better.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:59 pm
SoFloMom wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:12 pm

Backlash from whom? If you mean in general, I don't know.

If you're implying me, I haven't given any backlash. I asked questions.
I meant in general.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Even before it was determined to be a hoax, the bomb threats were thought to be from LGBTQ supporters.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 262837007/

“Target is full of cowards who turned their back on the LGBT community and decided to cater to the homophobic right wing redneck bigots who protested and vandalized their store," the emailed threat read in part, Cleveland 19 News reported.”

As SouthernIslander said, this is a pissing contest between 2 extremes and they just keep making it bigger and bigger.
Carpy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:54 pm
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. And we really should stop confusing bullying with strength and being the victim of bullying as weakness. It usually is the other way around, actually…
SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:40 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:00 pm Then stop.

You should be able to meet a bully with the same amount of force they attempt to inflict on you… if you can’t, there’s not much chance of ending your victimhood. That doesn’t make you a bully… that makes you capable of directing your own future.
This is an aside, but that is exactly the wrong way to end conflict with a bully.

https://www.izzykalman.com/

This is not meeting the bully with force, it's the opposite - depriving the bully of the rewards of bullying by being an unsatisfying bullying victim. We tried this approach with my son when he was in grade school and the bullying subsided almost overnight.

This info was free on the Bullies2Buddies website at the time, and now the guy wants you to buy it in his book, but it's a simple approach and it really works, I recommend it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s “waging war” when a company offers products that some customers will want to buy, and others have the option to not buy? How self centered does someone have to be to feel personally attacked by marketing or products that aren’t 100% catered to them?
Locked Previous topicNext topic