J.D. Vance says Target ‘decided to wage war’ on customers with Pride Month collection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:30 pm
SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:20 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:02 pm It's been said and videos inside of Target made/posted that some of the Pride apparel has also been on infant and toddler clothing and honestly, I have to wonder why?

If this is true, obviously parents can choose or not choose to buy the items.

However, I do wonder what the point would be for this to be on the clothing of babies?
It's cute.
Infant and toddler clothing is indeed very cute

But who is the ideology for? The words on the clothing, IOW? Words that will have spit-up on them, throw-up, vitamin drops and food stains?

Infants and toddlers don't care what's on their clothing. We buy the cute stuff for US...for our children and grandchildren.
Yes. At least half of the infant and toddler clothes I see have words on them, and they can't even read, amirite? Pride clothes for infants are exactly like all clothes for infants, to look good to the parents, so I'm not sure what is bewildering about it.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

ETA...site or my phone, take your pick, wouldn't let me quote SallyMae. This is my reply to her 👇

At least you're admitting that parent's will buy these clothes with slogans THEY agree with.

Now that's the "bewildering" aspect as some parent's won't do that......admit that 4 month old Breezy doesn't know what the hell is written on her onesie.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

We will never win the war against bullying
by trying to convince people to stop being bullies.
We need to teach people how not to be victims!"
- Izzy Kalman

I agree with this… but I don’t think childhood methods of dealing with bullies work in the adult world.
SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:40 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:00 pm Then stop.

You should be able to meet a bully with the same amount of force they attempt to inflict on you… if you can’t, there’s not much chance of ending your victimhood. That doesn’t make you a bully… that makes you capable of directing your own future.
This is an aside, but that is exactly the wrong way to end conflict with a bully.

https://www.izzykalman.com/

This is not meeting the bully with force, it's the opposite - depriving the bully of the rewards of bullying by being an unsatisfying bullying victim. We tried this approach with my son when he was in grade school and the bullying subsided almost overnight.

This info was free on the Bullies2Buddies website at the time, and now the guy wants you to buy it in his book, but it's a simple approach and it really works, I recommend it.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:51 pm ETA...site or my phone, take your pick, wouldn't let me quote SalkyMae. This is my reply to her 👇

At least you're admitting that parent's will buy these clothes with slogans THEY agree with.

Now that's the "bewildering" aspect as some parent's won't do that......admit that 4 month old Breezy doesn't know what the hell is written on her onesie.
I'm not sure who would deny that, lol.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:53 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:51 pm ETA...site or my phone, take your pick, wouldn't let me quote SalkyMae. This is my reply to her 👇

I'm not sure who would deny that, lol.
You might be surprised.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:02 pm It's been said and videos inside of Target made/posted that some of the Pride apparel has also been on infant and toddler clothing and honestly, I have to wonder why?

However, I do wonder what the point would be for this to be on the clothing of babies?
I've seen lots of baby clothes with "born to shop" or "diva in training" or "alpha male" or military-camo patterns that have nothing to do with the baby and everything to do with what the parent wishes to project. I don't see how this is any different.

What worries me most is so many Americans thinking they should react to other people's choices of clothing, parenting, shopping, etc. with violence and destruction.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:59 pm

I've seen lots of baby clothes with "born to shop" or "diva in training" or "alpha male" or military-camo patterns that have nothing to do with the baby and everything to do with what the parent wishes to project. I don't see how this is any different.

What worries me most is so many Americans thinking they should react to other people's choices of clothing, parenting, shopping, etc. with violence and destruction.
I've not implied that it is different. Given the topic of the thread, I stuck with that.

Your last paragraph I agree with.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Other kind of printing is written on my youngest grands clothes. Like I love my mommy, daddy's girl, etc. Is there a difference?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:59 am
Pjmm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:29 am
MonarchMom wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:57 pm

I don't think more violence is the answer. Consequences should follow these actions. Police should be called and they should be charged with making threats, destruction of property, and trespassing if they refuse to leave.
Also the heterosexual community, evangelical churches, and the Catholic religion should stand firmly to say violence isn’t the answer. This isn’t Jesus’s way; if you want to boycott peacefully fine. But we will condemn anyone destroying private property or the use of violence against those who live differently from us. If you engage in such violence we will expel you. Of course churches won’t.
Even Jesus… piss him off enough and you’ll get thrown down some stairs and whipped with a cord.
You’re correct. But Jesus never told his followers to commit violence. Peter attacked a soldier that had come to arrest Jesus and what did He do? Healed the man and admonished Peter. Then He stopped the stoning of a prostitute. So I can only assume that Jesus, although could whip a guy didn’t want his followers resorting to it. So I stand by what the churches should say: he who is without sin throw the first stone.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:44 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:30 pm
SallyMae wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:20 pm

It's cute.
Infant and toddler clothing is indeed very cute

But who is the ideology for? The words on the clothing, IOW? Words that will have spit-up on them, throw-up, vitamin drops and food stains?

Infants and toddlers don't care what's on their clothing. We buy the cute stuff for US...for our children and grandchildren.
Yes. At least half of the infant and toddler clothes I see have words on them, and they can't even read, amirite? Pride clothes for infants are exactly like all clothes for infants, to look good to the parents, so I'm not sure what is bewildering about it.
Back when my kids were little there was a website which idk still exists but they had awful baby T-shirts. They said “Playground pimp” and “all daddy wanted was a BJ.” Worse. But I didn’t see anyone protesting that. I don’t see anyone protesting t-shirts with some really trashy messages about liberals, drinking, conservatives, or doin drugs. But rainbow shirts trigger people to violence. We’ve got our priorities messed up.
Locked Previous topicNext topic