J.D. Vance says Target ‘decided to wage war’ on customers with Pride Month collection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:32 am I don't shop at Target. Just unimpressed with their merchandise in general, particularly womens clothing.

The behavior of the customers is appalling and I can't figure out why they cannot simply walk by, ignoring the Pride items?

Target is said to have lost quite a bit of money on the Stock Market this week, too, because of this controversy.

Don't like a store's merchandise, don't shop there. Pretty simple.
Bud Light took a loss too I think. I love Target. Lol!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:34 pm https://kutv.com/news/local/layton-targ ... rovo-lgbtq

Over clothing?
These people are completely unhinged and feeling emboldened by politicians who add fuel to their fire.
I hope the person responsible for these bomb threats is found and hit with charges
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:47 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:32 am I don't shop at Target. Just unimpressed with their merchandise in general, particularly womens clothing.

The behavior of the customers is appalling and I can't figure out why they cannot simply walk by, ignoring the Pride items?

Target is said to have lost quite a bit of money on the Stock Market this week, too, because of this controversy.

Don't like a store's merchandise, don't shop there. Pretty simple.
Bud Light took a loss too I think. I love Target. Lol!
All three of my kid's love Target, too.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Violence works.

As much as we don’t like that … it does. These assholes got their way because they became scary and violent.

Maybe if someone smashes them in the face next time they buck up, they’ll think twice next time about acting up in public…
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:36 pm Violence works.

As much as we don’t like that … it does. These assholes got their way because they became scary and violent.

Maybe if someone smashes them in the face next time they buck up, they’ll think twice next time about acting up in public…
I don't think more violence is the answer. Consequences should follow these actions. Police should be called and they should be charged with making threats, destruction of property, and trespassing if they refuse to leave.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"It's a sad, sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Sayin' that I better
Shut up and sing or my life will be over"

Cancel culture more than a decade ago. Still not better.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:57 pm

I don't think more violence is the answer. Consequences should follow these actions. Police should be called and they should be charged with making threats, destruction of property, and trespassing if they refuse to leave.
Unfortunately, some people don’t have the luxury of depending on police.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

100% agree with this.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:43 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:36 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:23 pm I don’t have a problem with the clothes but unfortunately ……I can’t tell consumers how to spend their money and companies will always make decisions that is best for their business.

In general, I don’t know what people expected to come out of this after spending years trying to force people into submission by shaming and canceling people. That was only gonna last for so long before enough consumers got tired of it and the pandering is no longer profitable for business.

I hate to see genuine businesses and minority groups unfairly caught in the middle of this but I don’t think this is gonna get better until people learn how to disagree and compromise in a more productive manner.
Not sure I follow what you are saying. Who was "forced into submission" in this situation? What is there to "compromise" on in this situation?

No one is forced to shop at Target, no one is forced to purchase or wear these clothes. Target is a retail corporation choosing to stock inventory they think will attract and serve their consumers. If they get that wrong, the sales numbers will drop and they can realign their products.

How does any of that justify people making bomb threats, destroying merchandise or yelling at the employees for political theater? Why don't the folks who don't want to see clothing they don't approve of just shop elsewhere? That is what most people did when Victoria's Secret would have suggestive displays at the mall, or Spenser's Gifts had drug-themed tee shirts. Just take your business elsewhere.
I said “in general” because this is one aspect of a much larger problem that keeps getting worse. Not just this particular situation or Target nor did I say it justifies anything.

Hope you follow now.

Edit: I was leaving a ball game so I didn’t clearly clarify.

I’m basically saying that LGBT and Target is just one of many casualties in this culture war because the far left and the right absolutely refuse to let the pissing match go, no matter how much damage it is doing or how many people are sick of it.

That was the point of my comment and I hope that makes more sense.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:28 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:57 pm

Unfortunately, some people don’t have the luxury of depending on police.
You are right. It is a sad fact of life.
Locked Previous topicNext topic