My ex is going to be homeless and it is 'my' fault

Anonymous 1

Unread post

For years he evaded paying child support by working under the table and not filing taxes. My kids are all adults now and he never paid child support once. The idiot didn't know that back child support was a thing and a huge chunk of his paycheck has been garnished so he can't afford to stay in his house. Him, his wife, and her kids are all being evicted. He says it is my fault because I am the one doing this. I didn't do anything. I can't garnish his wages even if I wanted to. Everything is done through the state. He says I can just give him the money but there is no way in hell I am going to do that. The extra money has been nice but I am sure it won't continue. His poor choices are no longer my problem.

He never fails to shock me. He seriously did not understand that child support doesn't just go away when the kids are adults. Like what a F***ing moron.

I blocked him on everything. It's not my problem and I won't continue to hear about it from him.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I guess you're going for an "ex" theme this weekend. Boring.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Sad situation and even sadder that they're facing eviction but no, it doesn't sound like it's your fault
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My heart goes out to those kids that will be homeless…
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It sucks for his kids, but this is on him for thinking it would never catch up with him. Time to find a 2nd job.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:45 am My heart goes out to those kids that will be homeless…
My heart goes out to the kids who are going to be homeless AND to the kids who had a deadbeat father and probably had to miss out on a lot of things growing up. The mom of these other kids is going to have to do what OP did and figure things out. This dude is obviously not going to figure anything out.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, those kids are adults now. By OPs own words “the EXTRA money is NICE”. Personally, if it were me, I would give the money for the kids, because it’s not extra and just nice for them.
But yeah, they’re going to have to figure it because to each their own. As she said, it’s not her fault.
PoplarGrove wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:14 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:45 am My heart goes out to those kids that will be homeless…
My heart goes out to the kids who are going to be homeless AND to the kids who had a deadbeat father and probably had to miss out on a lot of things growing up. The mom of these other kids is going to have to do what OP did and figure things out. This dude is obviously not going to figure anything out.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
bumpitybumpbump
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She is being paid back and that is okay. As someone who doesn't even fully raise their kids, you don't even deserve an opinion on this.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:37 pm Well, those kids are adults now. By OPs own words “the EXTRA money is NICE”. Personally, if it were me, I would give the money for the kids, because it’s not extra and just nice for them.
But yeah, they’re going to have to figure it because to each their own. As she said, it’s not her fault.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn’t say it wasn’t OK. I just said that I wouldn’t do it if for me it’s just some extra money. I would see how I can help for the sake of those kids, at least in not becoming homeless. I give charity to complete strangers, why would I deny it to someone I know?
bumpitybumpbump wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:08 pm She is being paid back and that is okay. As someone who doesn't even fully raise their kids, you don't even deserve an opinion on this.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:37 pm Well, those kids are adults now. By OPs own words “the EXTRA money is NICE”. Personally, if it were me, I would give the money for the kids, because it’s not extra and just nice for them.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe she's better off financially than a lot of single mothers but for most parents with a deadbeat ex partner supporting their kids completely on their own means not investing in their own future. I know I've had to spend all my money on supporting my kids because their Dad doesn't pay and I haven't been able to put money away for retirement.
Locked Previous topicNext topic