Why does my son smell like that!? 🤮

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Y'all why does my 14 year old son smell like rotten milk!? He showers daily to every other day(mostly daily) he wears deodorant. His clothes get washed regular and properly. But damn he STINKS 🦨🦨. I can't take it. He has to sit in the back of the van with the windows open it's so bad.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Is he on a carb-restrictive diet like Keto?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:02 am Is he on a carb-restrictive diet like Keto?
No diet restrictions. We all eat pretty healthy. They do have snacks and such but limited. Plenty of fruits and veggies and good balance of the food pyramid.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

is he taking any medications? Certain meds can make your natural oil smell off. When my daughter was taking latuda and clonazepam she smelled like rotten milk. They changed both medications at the same time so I'm not sure which one was causing the stink but it went away about 6 weeks after she stopped taking them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Maybe Lume will help?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:11 am is he taking any medications? Certain meds can make your natural oil smell off. When my daughter was taking latuda and clonazepam she smelled like rotten milk. They changed both medications at the same time so I'm not sure which one was causing the stink but it went away about 6 weeks after she stopped taking them.
He takes fluoxetine and qelbree...i never thought about it being his meds. I'll have to ask his dr about it Monday. Thanks for that info
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:40 am
PoplarGrove wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:11 am is he taking any medications? Certain meds can make your natural oil smell off. When my daughter was taking latuda and clonazepam she smelled like rotten milk. They changed both medications at the same time so I'm not sure which one was causing the stink but it went away about 6 weeks after she stopped taking them.
He takes fluoxetine and qelbree...i never thought about it being his meds. I'll have to ask his dr about it Monday. Thanks for that info
Flouxetine is one of the meds that can cause weird body odour
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:18 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:40 am
Flouxetine is one of the meds that can cause weird body odour
Well shoot. That med works too well for me to take him off. But imma talk to the dr about it too. Thanks so much!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are you sure he's washing properly? My son literally wasn't using soap in the shower. I threatened to have him put on swim trunks and me watch him. When he started using soap his stank went away.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:26 pm Are you sure he's washing properly? My son literally wasn't using soap in the shower. I threatened to have him put on swim trunks and me watch him. When he started using soap his stank went away.
At one point when SS was 10 or so he wasn't washing his hair properly so I'd knock and poke my head in on random nights and have him stick his head out of the curtain long enough for me to see he had shampooed it. If he pulled the ol' "I already rinsed it" he'd have to wash it again (well, mostly like NOT again) and I'd come back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic