Stuck in a pattern

Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:25 pm My daughter wakes up on time but just takes forever to get ready. It doesn't seem to matter how early she wakes up.

Every single morning, my daughter is the last one out and usually pushes it to the last minute, causing them to be in a rush.

Help?
Again, I'd discuss the issue with her, get her to come up with an approach to modifying her own behaviour.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Just let your husband wake him up everyday…

This is a mountain out of a molehill.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:03 pm Oh no. I've had really limited expectations (in my mind) on my kids as they've grown up. You be where you need to be on-time and you take out the garbage. If they're not fulfilling those two responsibilities, there are words.

Family calendars work in our household. Here are the expectations day-to-day and anyone is free to argue that they're load is too much and then we potentially readjust. Once it's on paper or on a board, you better do what is expected unless you make alternate plans!

Waking up for school or work is a given. I'm not helping with that (but I've been known to listen in and make sure it happens). What would happen if you just let them miss school or miss the bus? Let them fail before succeeding.
They’re counted as truant, the parents can be arrested, CPS case opened and require court dates to show up to.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:20 am My brother is a heavy sleeper. He got an alarm that has a wrist band that zaps him. That shit hurts and I'm not sure anyone could sleep through it.
🤣🤣🤣 That's great! All through school, my sister would snooze her alarm for an hour. Every 5 minutes, the screaming from this loud shrieking thing would go off. Every. Single. Day. Just as I'd fall back asleep. I was on the other side of the wall.

If there was such a thing when we were young, she'd have gotten that for Christmas!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic